Farmboy engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boot

Reaction score
I'm looking for the part and place where the 2 #44 drilled and countersunk holes go on what mating part of the Governor Weight Fulcrum Hub? For the life of me I can't find where the tapped 2/56 holes are. Could it be on the Governor side Flywheel? It's not shown on either flywheel as a .412 radius or .824 dia. BC for the 2 holes on the hub. Thanks , Boot
I found that there is a .600 dia. on the governor side flywheel ,but my Jerry Howell blue print doesn't show any 2/56 tapped holes in it. I guessing that's where it mounts.

Last edited:
It mounts on the engine side (inside) of the governor flywheel. The holes were shown on the original flywheel drawings ( the "A" revision ) but looking at my "B" revision there not there. Anyway that's where they go so that the governor weights go between the spokes.

Thanks for the info and putting my question on it to rest. I must have a latter version of the drawings. After I found that a .600 dia. was turned on the flywheel and the gov. part had a .600 dia. bore I put it all together. I'm working on all the little parts right now and should finish up sometime in the Summer. I didn't think anyone was going to answer my question. Lots of lookers ,but no takers. Thank you again, Boot

Sorry, it took so long but I missed the post when it first went up. I usually answer all the Farmboy questions I see. While I'm not the official "Expert" usually the questions find there way to me via either this website or by way of Jerry Howells son Allen. I finished the first one done (sn#003) way back in March of 2009. From the time Jerry showed it at Cabin Fever it was 56 days till mine was totally finished, and I had a full time job at the time. If you have any questions or problems just let me know.

Jim

ps. Mine's the Yellow one that shows up everywhere.

Hello Jim: I can't believe and don't know how you ever finished it in such a short period of time. You must own a machine shop fully stocked with all the different materials. Most of my time has been spent tracking down the different sizes and types of materials. You did a fabulous job on it. I saw it and talked to you down at the York , PA show. I was glad to have met you and I took pictures of the engine and have them in my cell phone for reference as I work on it. I plan on buying my ignition off Jerry's boy at this years show. I'm sure I'll have questions on that and I'm happy you are here on this forum. You should be the "Official Expert" because of your quality work. Thanks again and I'll look for you at the show in April.

This is my first posting to this group. My name is Greg. I have a moderately well equipped basement workshop. I received the plans for Jerry Howell's FARM BOY engine for Christmas. You will see I have completed the "large parts" for serial number 510.

DSC02368.jpg

Latest posts

Back