Excello power feed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did say 'another lathe' butn forgot to mrntion that I can nw have power cross feeding because U saw the problem -- and bough a vertical mill drill attachment ehich yo all intents and purposes is a Sieg mill drillwith the x-y axis powered by the nre Sieg C4 lathe.:D
The attachment seems to be unavaiable in the UK now:D:D

Norman

Interesting but far from relevant, I afrais!
I can recall that Maudsley and Holzapffel were far FAR earlier and whilst few of us have the maths to do Ornamental Turning, it. stii exists.

Nicholas the last Tsar of Russia had an Ormanr ntal Turning latrthe and these things which cost the Earth will and do replace milling machines. Elecrsity things? well I have an attachment for my mill but milling machinrd withut these only came into amateur use on;u date into yjr NINETEEN 70's wgereas it all started with Maudsley and his slide rest in the 18 Hundreds.
Even car windscreen wipers only came in the 1930's. Mine was a 6 volt aaffair and someone added another arm to drive the 'other' wiper. My 1935 Morris 8 had a screen which pushed out to see better whilst driving in fog.
I still drive a crash gear box. Incidentally, I made a Westbury mill

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back