Engines plans

Discussion in 'Plans' started by mecanotrain, Jun 11, 2019.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Jun 11, 2019 #1

mecanotrain

mecanotrain

mecanotrain

Active Member HMEM Supporter

Hi All,
    I often read the forum and I'm interested in making small engines. I've a question: where I can buy the production plans ? Here in France, we can't find the plans. Thank you very much for your help.
    Roger

2. Jun 11, 2019 #2

chucketn

chucketn

chucketn

Senior Citizen

Fully retired
    Click 'Forums' upper left of the page and explore the Downloads forum. If what you want isn't there, post more specific info as to what type engine you want to build (steam, IC, Sterling) and I'm sure someone will point you to it.

3. Jun 11, 2019 #3
  4. Jun 11, 2019 #4

Brian Rupnow

Brian Rupnow

Brian Rupnow

Well-Known Member Project of the Month Winner

What is your skill level? Have you ever built an engine before? Do you want to build a steam engine, an air powered engine, or a gasoline powered engine. A great starter engine is the Webster. It is a nice internal combustion engine and just about everybody has built it. The drawings are a free download from the internet. I sell plans of some nice i.c. engines that I have designed and built, but they are a bit more complex than a "first engine".---Brian Rupnow

5. Jun 15, 2019 #5

Moper361

Moper361

Moper361

Hi Brian
    Ive been looking at plans for a small engine build for a while now and the webster keeps popping up in my mind and plan to have a go at buildung one .I do have a question do you know if anyone has scaled up in size when building a webster ? .my lathe and mill are quite big and im not sure how well i would go making some of the smaller parts so i had an idea of building the engine slightly larger .Would this just be a case of increasing the diamentions on the drawing or would i run into othere issues ?any input appreciated.
    Regards Nat

6. Jun 18, 2019 #6

mecanotrain

mecanotrain

mecanotrain

Active Member HMEM Supporter

Hello everybody,
    Thank you for your answers. I'm a mechanic machine tools, technical school training. I'm 72 years old.
    Brian:I'm confirmed model maker. I own a small workshop with: lathe, milling, drill, hydraulic press 20T (homemade), folder, roller, shear, welding electric and gas stations, sandblaster, electric and gas foundry furnaces (home made) ,. . . . I built 2 IC engines and some steam engines especially for sailing ships.
    But I work at my pace: cooool !!

7. Jun 18, 2019 #7

coulsea

coulsea

coulsea

Retired
  8. Jun 19, 2019 #8

stragenmitsuko

stragenmitsuko

stragenmitsuko

9. Jun 19, 2019 #9

ccdedon

ccdedon

ccdedon

P1010011 (Large).JPG P1010014 (Large).JPG P1010016 (Large).JPG P1010018 (Large).JPG P1010023 (Large).JPG My build of Mr. H. Depenbusch's hit and miss engine from his plans.

Attached Files:

10. Jun 20, 2019 #10

bluejets

bluejets

bluejets

I would imagine across the channel would have to be one of the worlds largest store/suppliers.
    Recent photos and videos brought back from the UK recent awards confirms just that.