Digital Caliper batteries

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batteries came today finally, 25 Energizer brand 357/303 Made in USA.
I tryed to get some from LMS at the show thinking the price was $2.49 for a card of 5. I had two cards in my hand when Chris told me that was the each price. I like LMS but not that much LOL.
Tin

I can't complain at all. The package of 50 batteries arrived in the mail today..... less than a week from when ordered. I even like the compact little trays they came in. I suspect I'll be ordering from these guys again.

Steve

I know this is an old thread, but that just means lots of the new guys have never seen it. It's about time to make another bulk order of batteries for the digital devices around my shop. My last order with www.sr44.com was back in 2007 and I bought 50 Energizer #357 NiCad batteries for about $25.00. They've served me well, so I figured to patronize these guys again.

Sadly, their prices have seen a bit of a change. The bulk batteries are now around a dollar each depending on how many you take. I'm not particularly upset at the seller, since he needs to make a profit to stay in the game, but I'll admit to feeling a bit of sticker shock. Anyone know what the current retail prices look like in the big box stores?

I'll still give this seller a high recommendation based on his past performance and the high quality of his products, but I'm going to have to decide if I still need 50 pieces in stock....(sigh)

Steve

If you can catch 'em in stock, Wal-Mart has 2-for-$1.50 in the fishing aisle with the lighted bobbers. These are whatever the lower-end battery chemistry is, but I use 'em in calipers of all stripes and they do ok.

Cedge said:
I'll still give this seller a high recommendation based on his past performance and the high quality of his products, but I'm going to have to decide if I still need 50 pieces in stock....(sigh)

Steve

How about these Steve, they cheap enough.

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-AG13-357A-LR...480?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ad3d5fa60

If you don't mind the wait, these are even cheaper!

http://cgi.ebay.com/10-x-AG13-LR44-...621366210?pt=US_Batteries&hash=item4156563bc2

-MB

I've used the chinese versions and didn't like them very much at all. I'll probably pay his price to get the Energizers simply because they last a whole lot longer. I'm not all that surprised at the new prices. I'm sure his costs have grown since the last time I ordered.... especially in the current economic climate. I'll bet the local big box stores are even higher.

Steve

Guys there was lots of discussion here over time.
1) LR(alkaline batteries ) are cheap and will work
2) SR44 batteries(silver oxide based chemistry )
a last longer
b designed for electronics use
c have scrap value. silver oxide batteries can be sold for $17 per pound.

http://www.sr44.com/
$30 for 25
$50 for 50 these are energizer brand

The price of these has doubled in 3 years but that is about how long the 25 batteries have lasted. Time for another order.

do a Google for energizer 357 lots of price variation.
Tin

HI all well i have seen sola pawerd ones for sale on ebay any one got one

Krv3000,
I have a solar power Mitutoyo, Without a doubt the best set of digital calipers I've personaly seen.

Pete

I usually surf FeeBay for cards of 10 Maxcell SR44s. IIRC the last card I bought was from a US seller and was ~$5 shipped. They seem to work great in my cheapo Horrible Fright calipers.

Thanks for the tip on the silver inside. I'll save them. I have a small pile of beat up silver coins and jewellery.

Latest posts

Back