• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Digital Angle measuring Level at Lidl

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picclock

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone interested. Lidl are currently selling a level with a digital angle function for £17. It resolves 0.1 degree but absolute accuracy is 0.5 degree. Runs off a 9v battery and has a backlight and hold function.

So you can put the level on the mill table and raise the pivoted arm to set precise angles for milling.

picclock

The 0.5 refers to the bubble accuracy not the angle

0.5mm over 1m length.

J

High JasonB

Not according to the instructions (right hand column)

Levelinst.png

which state +/- 0.5 degree. I checked with a straight edge for 180 and a square for 90 and its spot on so it may be that it changes with temperature/time/or luck ;D

piccy of level (Doh ! )

Levelpic.png

picclock

Ah, I was just looking on Lidl's site.

J

@ JasonB

Well the angular accuracy is only so so. I checked against some large plastic triangles and 30 degrees was 29.9, 45 degrees was 44.8, 60 degrees 59.8, 90 degrees is 90.1 according to the plastic triangles. 180 is 180.1 after more careful measurement.

I reckon my tests are within 0.1 so its not bad. Largest error at 45 which is a bit surprising.

Instructions have no reference to bubble level accuracy ??? So much for Lidl website info.

Best Regards

picclock

Latest posts

Back