Digital Angle Guage

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What you're describing is the algorithm employed in my program. As you discovered, it isn't quite as simple as your first description.

You'll notice that, even with the 81 block set, certain stack heights are unachievable. Any height of the form 0.0xyz where z<>0 can't be made.

Gauge blocks are overkill for most home shops. For sinebar stuff a mike and adjustable parallel are sufficient. For calibrating calipers, etc. get a set of space blocks - inexpensive and close enough for government work.

mklotz said:
What you're describing is the algorithm employed in my program. As you discovered, it isn't quite as simple as your first description.

You'll notice that, even with the 81 block set, certain stack heights are unachievable. Any height of the form 0.0xyz where z<>0 can't be made.
Speaking from total ignorance here, can you stack under both ends of the sine bar to get those?

shred said:
Speaking from total ignorance here, can you stack under both ends of the sine bar to get those?

Yes, that's how it's normally done. Sometimes folks resort to using feeler gauges but they're not as accurate.

BTW, I corrected the spelling of gauge in the thread title. It's been bugging me. "Guage" is a small town in Kentucky.

Latest posts

Back