• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

CNC converted mill and lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbritnell

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I have a friend who passed away a couple of weeks ago. He was a great chassis builder and fabricator. Although I knew he had made this conversion I never went and watched it run. One of those "I'll get to it next week deals".
Anyway I went to look at it the other day and took some pictures. I don't know exactly what brand of mill it is but it looks like one of the usual Rong Fu types that the fellows convert. My buddy that is helping the widow said he found the book with all the information on the stepper motors etc. I gather from the control pendant and some of the information laying around the mill that it is running Mach programming. It has Mitutoyo digital readouts and as you can see in the pictures there is some tooling with it.
I do know that it worked well and was used periodically.
I told the widow that it would be possible to get $1500.00 for it which as the fellows that have converted these machines know is quite a steal. The machinery is located in Medina, Ohio so it would have to be picked up there.
Attached are some pictures. I can get more info if you need.
He had also converted a lathe but I don't know a lot about it.
George

P1010097.jpg

P1010098.jpg

P1010099.jpg

P1010103.jpg

P1010105.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010110.jpg

I forgot to mention. It would be easier to contact me directly at:
[email protected] for further information
gbritnell