Chenery V Twin

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byawor

Reaction score
Was this engine serialized i ME or other mags? I tried the index website but it only comes up with Aeronc.
Bob

It was in Engineering in Miniature, Vol 5 & 6

Thanks I don't think I have those but probably not needed. Have fair bit done

Attachments

• 16549680648693471688592054356469.jpg
    16549680648693471688592054356469.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 149
Are you planning on running this as a Glow engine? I did and found that it needed .030" taken off each head to get the correct compression ratio. Also , I blew head gaskets as you cannot re-tighten the head nuts once the rocker gear is in place. I got over this by making long hex nuts ,to get above the rockers. This cured the problem.
Keith Beaumont

I have not given ignition much thought but will probably try coil and points since I have extra spark plugs. Did you make the carb per the plans? Made one but seems kind of crude tempted to buy one
Bob

Hi Bob, I did not make the carb,or the manifold ,as drawn. I tried several carbs and ended up with one from a Super Tigre engine, bought second hand on e-bay. Had a lot of fun getting the carb to work as I wanted. If you access the Modelel Engineer Forum and put my name in the search box you will see photos of my Vee- Twin. I am having problems puting photos on this forum at the moment.
Keith

Latest posts

Back