Changing Lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very strange wording and sentence structure. The reader base here is not, usually, English majors but this looks, to me like poor, unedited, robot talk.

Very strange wording and sentence structure. The reader base here is not,English majors usually, but this looks, to me like poor, unedited, robot talk.
I was a engineer not a English majors.

Also I am on chemotherapy too

Dave

Any one knows about this lathe.
I having to lower price on my South Bend
I noticed in your post that you were selling your lathe with the aid of a listing on CraigsList. Around here, about 90% of the traffic seems to have moved to Facebook Marketplace. If you are having trouble moving it, that may be part of the problem.

I noticed in your post that you were selling your lathe with the aid of a listing on CraigsList. Around here, about 90% of the traffic seems to have moved to Facebook Marketplace. If you are having trouble moving it, that may be part of the problem.
Do you have a address for
Facebook Marketplace.

I now have on Facebook .
It on Craigslist and Offerup too.
It first time selling any tool I have had this problem.
I would put South Bend in ad and I would have at less 20 emails or calls the first day.

Dave

Just had one email in two weeks on Craigslist

Dave

Hi Dave

We see some SB lathes here in UK, but more Boxford clones. An 'A' (with gearbox) goes for £500-£750 here at the moment, and AUD ('underdrive', motor beneath in cabinet) for maybe £1k for a clean one, maybe a little more on a good day, maybe a little less. SB versions go for a bit less when they appear, perhaps as people struggle to accommodate the depth (I put a bay window in my shed to cope with the countershaft on my Boxford 'A') . I hope you find a buyer - if I had to sell mine I'd buy another, but not planning a move to CA any time soon :)

Hi Dave

We see some SB lathes here in UK, but more Boxford clones. An 'A' (with gearbox) goes for £500-£750 here at the moment, and AUD ('underdrive', motor beneath in cabinet) for maybe £1k for a clean one, maybe a little more on a good day, maybe a little less. SB versions go for a bit less when they appear, perhaps as people struggle to accommodate the depth (I put a bay window in my shed to cope with the countershaft on my Boxford 'A') . I hope you find a buyer - if I had to sell mine I'd buy another, but not planning a move to CA any time soon :)
Thank you

I go on ebay for pricing .
A loose change is under $1,000 and quite change with chucks are over $2,500.

Dave

Back