Canadian Intro

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard

Reaction score
Almost retired and have started putting together a shop to enjoy when I have more free time. Spent a few years repairing and fabricating obsolete parts for old machines. I truly enjoy shaping metal, so what better way to spend my time!
Presently I am jammed into a tiny basement work location in my home, but this summer a new shop will be constructed in place of an old garage that never houses a vehicle anyway. First demolition, then construction. The lathe, drill press, grinders etc. will be moved out and then I will be shopping for a mill.
I appreciate the knowledge and experience of the members here, and learn so much from the forum responses.
Thanks for having me as a new member!
Richard

Thanks Tim.
I am particularly interested in marine steam engines and will no doubt concentrate my efforts in this area. I always thought my first build would be the "African Queen" :)

wEc1 Welcome Richard were about in Ottawa area are you wEc1

Last edited:
Welcome! This is a great site with very helpful members-enjoy!
cheepo45

Hey Richard--Welcome aboard. I know the Ottawa valley very well. Did a lot of high production sawmill redesign and rebuild up through there in the 1980's. Based out of killaloe and Eganville, had an uncle in Chalk River for many years. Know some of the Yakabuski's up through Barrys Bay and Pembroke.---Brian Rupnow.

Hey Richard--Welcome aboard. I know the Ottawa valley very well. Did a lot of high production sawmill redesign and rebuild up through there in the 1980's. Based out of killaloe and Eganville, had an uncle in Chalk River for many years. Know some of the Yakabuski's up through Barrys Bay and Pembroke.---Brian Rupnow.

Hey I use to go there for Lumber jack event

I'm on the Quebec side of the river, and even though we are a small valley, no matter where I go, I meet someone familiar with the Ottawa Valley! Full of history.

I'm on the Quebec side of the river, and even though we are a small valley, no matter where I go, I meet someone familiar with the Ottawa Valley! Full of history.

I'm in Gatineau, and teach at Algonquin

I used to cross the river when I was underage and drink at the Swisha.There was a bar on top of the hill and one on the bottom of the hill, just across the bridge into Quebec.

Hi Richard

This is John from Halton Hills, Ontario.

Nice to meet you.

John

Hi guys
New one in town here
I am in gatineau(hull)
I am looking into sturling engines
And try to make anything that could make power,,,turn a generator or turbine etc
Work in the power industry for the past 22 years now!

Nice to see local guys in here..

Marco

I used to cross the river when I was underage and drink at the Swisha.There was a bar on top of the hill and one on the bottom of the hill, just across the bridge into Quebec.

I like that. Campbellsville,Ky is a dry town but few miles away is a barn in the ''wet area'' sells beer and all the hard stuff. The bunch of Chinese Engineers under my care,were dying for beer. Took them there to buy and stock and told them to strictly drink beer in their own room. Do not bring beer to any restaurants and drink openly.The local Sheriff is not beer happy.
Met them recently in Nanjing ,China and they happily recalled their beer buying/drinking in USA.

Hi Richard,
Welcome from faraway Singapore.
Been to Toronto,great city. I am impressed with the 2 km underground shopping mall.

Back