Cam grinder fixture plans?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"This offer is now closed, and the plans are now back in archive."

Bugger!
Sorry John, just noticed this thread.
Would like to see your plans.
Lin
I think my email is shown.
If not, so be it.
I shall content myself with the wisdom and friendly attitude on this site.

Your email is actually hidden if you can't see a little envelope under your avatar.

John

Thanks to John we now have the chance to build the camshaft grinder. Has anyone started yet? Could this be a new thread or project? I would like to follow a more advanced model engineers build......Also is there any photo's showing one built showing the whole grinder? The PDF photo's are a little unclear. What do you all think?

Mike

DARN!
Just found this thread. Would someone who has received the e-mail from John forward it to my e-mail?

Thanks,
Andrew

John, thanks so much, what wonderful work you do, would only hope someday to be that good, but I know you did not learn it in short period time, thanks, thanks, thanks, Lathe Nut

Jones said:
DARN!
Just found this thread. Would someone who has received the e-mail from John forward it to my e-mail?

Thanks,
Andrew

I'd be happy to, but you'll have to un-hide your email addy... or PM me with it.

Joe

Gents,

I hope my little effort has helped you out, I am sorry to have called time on it, but as you can see, Joe has now got the problem of trying to get the plans to someone. Every time I opened my emails there were requests for help.

I would have put it into the downloads section, but copyright then rears it's ugly head.

At least now, because so many copies went out, you should be able to help each other.

BTW, another member also wanted to grind crankshafts. With a little bit of work on the 'dummy' end getting the 'throws' right, I think this machine could be modified to do just that.
It would be different than grinding a cam, because when you cam grind, all you have to do is take it down to the required size, this machine gives you the correct profile as it reduces you home made profile. With a crank, you would have to calculate out to give you, when you reach journal size, you also have to end up with the correct throw. Maybe two points of adjustment, one on the grind head as well would be the way to go.

I am sure that someone with the correct knowledge would be able to work it out.

John

I would like to have the plans, if they are still available. Thank you for all that you do,

Sorry I have been away and just found this thread.
Would someone who has the plans please email me a set.
Thanks
alabamaed36046

Alabamaed

Done. Anybody else wants a set, try again in three weeks, I'm goin' to Spain to sit on me keester and do bugger all.

Cheers, Joe

Good for you Joe!

I'll touch back in three.....hoist a few for me and have a great time! ;D

Steamer...

Check you e-mail. (I'm only leaving tomorrow :D)

Joe

Thank you John I got mine too... sorry for the delay...but you know why!!!! :bow: :bow:
Paolo

Thanks Joe! I got it!

Have a good one....take pictures of interesting machines to share if you find some!

Dave :bow:

Hello all. Newly registered but have been a guest for a while now. This site is awesome and loaded with so much information. Being fairly new to the site, I was wondering if it is possible to get a set of the cam grinder drawings? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jim E

Hey Joe d,

I'll take care of this one....

Jim, send me a PM.

Dave

Thanks Dave.

I was just going to ask Jim for his addy....

Joe

Latest posts

Back