Cabin Fever Sites Question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm watching the weather and it looks good for going to CF. Will start out friday, see the show Saturday, and drive home Sunday. I was wondering if there is anything worth stopping to see on the way there. Any train museums, steam engines, air and space ECT.

I will me going from SE michigan, across northern Ohio and into Penn.

And in that schedule when would you have time to see anything else ???

You are bringing your engines arent you?

Be sure to stop by the Mach3 booth, I was with Brian Barker today, working on our seminar plan, and told him about your V8. He really wants to see it.

RonGinger said:
And in that schedule when would you have time to see anything else ???

You are bringing your engines arent you?

Be sure to stop by the Mach3 booth, I was with Brian Barker today, working on our seminar plan, and told him about your V8. He really wants to see it.

I would be stopping along the way if anything sounds good. It's roughly a 9 hour drive but if it took 12 or 13 it would be no big deal. I've got all day.

I'm not bringing anything down with me. While at Zanesville i blew up the bearing in the crank hub on both engines due to a worn out starter shaft. I have to make 2 new parts and have had no time with work going crazy. I'm going to have to settle with looking at everybody elses masterpieces.

I'm not bringing anything down with me. While at Zanesville i blew up the bearing in the crank hub on both engines due to a worn out starter shaft. I have to make 2 new parts and have had no time with work going crazy. I'm going to have to settle with looking at everybody elses masterpieces.

Oh come on, you have a bunch of neat engines. Bring the V4.

Remember, the only way to get a ticket to the free BBQ and Beer on Saturday evening is to have a model on the table on Saturday. Gary will make the rounds Saturday afternoon looking to hand out tickets. Be sure to get one.

Hi Steve, I live about 5 mins from an Ohio turnpike exit and if you can't find anything else to do, stop in and pay a visit. My doors always open. Dave

RonGinger said:
Oh come on, you have a bunch of neat engines. Bring the V4.

Remember, the only way to get a ticket to the free BBQ and Beer on Saturday evening is to have a model on the table on Saturday. Gary will make the rounds Saturday afternoon looking to hand out tickets. Be sure to get one.

The V4 is the other engine when I wrote BOTH. I'm kind of dead in the water right now. I have to get ready to display at Cobo Hall at the Autorama the end of Feb and i'm working 6 days 10 hours so i get 1 day a week and sometimes it's booked and I cant get in the garage. I'm skipping a few days of work just to get there.

Dave G said:
Hi Steve, I live about 5 mins from an Ohio turnpike exit and if you can't find anything else to do, stop in and pay a visit. My doors always open. Dave

Thanks Dave!

I was thinking Penn would have collection of steam engines somewhere. I know there is "Big Boy" in Scranton so I might go there to Steamtown.

When heading to Zanesville we took your suggestion to stop at the Warther's museum. I will remember that for the rest of my life. Had you not mentioned it, I would still not know it exists. Thanks!

Aw, come on Steve You have something to bring! If you don't want to take up a lot of space I'll save you some. I'm going down on Thursday night. Mark Threehawks coming with you?

there is lots to see just behond york around lancaster

strausburg railroad
pensylvania railrod museum
corwall furnace
etc.
tin

Tin Falcon recommended Cornwall furnace to us last summer at Rough and Tumble.
I certainly suggest visiting there, very informative and authentic.

Peter

Problem is all the interesting stuff is East of York. Strasburg RR, National clock and Watch Museum, Cornwall, etc.

In York there is the Harley plant, but they dont do weekend tours, and I think the last tour is early afternoon Friday, which you wont get to in time.

I like to visit Grizzly, but its north of York and an extra hundred or so miles. There is teh York Museum of Industry where we had the exhibitor BBQ a couple times.

Just get to York as direct as you can and get into the show on Friday- one ticket is good for all 3 days, and Friday is setup and auction. Lots of the vendors are all setup and open to sell by noon. All the real hot goodies are sold by Friday afternoon. Bothers me now that Ill be busy in the seminar on Friday and not able to make a pass through the vendor area.

Gary told me he expects nearly 30 model earth moving machines. He is dumping a full dump truck load of sand for them to move around.

Gary thinks this may be the biggest show ever, and it was already at least double the size of any other show.

Just get there for as long as you can.

Back