CNC Seminar Day at Cabin Fever

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonGinger

Reaction score
Friday, April 12 will be CNC seminar day at Cabin Fever Expo. We will be having 3 seminar sessions during the day. These seminars are open to anyone that is registered for Cabin Fever. Registration is $10 and is good for all activities, the seminars, the auction and the show. No advance registration is required. See Cabinfeverexpo.com for more details about the show.

10:00 "Introduction to CamBam - home shop CAM" by Kirk Benson (aka KVOM). Kirk is an experienced user of CamBam for his model engineering projects.

1:00 "Introduction to Mach4"- by Brian Barker, the chief designer of the new Mach4 software will be giving the first public introduction and demonstration of the all new Mach4 CNC control software. This will include installing, setup, and operation of the software, as well as using the all new screen designer and scripting facility.

4:00 "Demonstration of the Mill Wizard for Mach4" by Ron Ginger. This session will use the new Mill Wizards for Mach4 to develop the gcode for a part for a model engine. We will be running the part on machines setup in the Show area on Saturday and Sunday.

I plan on attending, can I bring a file along for them to run?? ;)

Sure, there will be a few machines in the exhibit area to run demos. You will be impressed at Mach4 speed- when it runs through a file to generate the toolpath its FAST.

I am planing on being there and cant wait.

Dave

Is there a HMEM booth or tent set up there ? Im working on the wife to get her to go.. Its only 6 hour drive for us, I would hate to go and not get to meet any of you that was there ! Thanks Bill

Normally we have a section where a few of us set up. we can reserve a spot for folks and will fly the HMEM banner.
Tin

I set up next to tin falcon and will have a picture of my avitar on the table. I look forward to seeing everyone.

DAve

Anyone wanting to set up in the HMEM area let me know. I normally save space for my buddies Vince and Arthur, members here but do not post much.
Also cheepo 45 and Dave reeves. Have checked in .
If anyone else wants to join the group let me know either here or via PM. and will do my best to save a spot also how much room you need. typically folks spread out a bit on Friday then compact as need to fit a few extra in later in the day or Saturday AM . A new date so will see how this show goes. I expect a few will hold out for names and skip CF this year. Names too far for me.

Ron G usually hangs out win the CNC area. Phil is with the Kinzer Crew and others have there favorite spot.
Tin

I went up to Brians shop today to review our plans for the CNC seminar and got a chance to see Mach4 running, and in particular the new screen designer. All I can say it is just about amazing. Mach screens will now have all the common GUI widgets, like list boxes, tabbed dialogs, images, etc. And its all integrated into one language environment, so all the gui elements share the same code. This is going to make wizard development just amazing.

See it all, Friday, April 12.

It will all be running at teh Cabin Fever CNC seminar day, April 12.

The expo is held at the York Fairgrounds- its a big place and easy to find on any York map, or get local directions to. Rt 30 is a beltway around the north, go west on it to rt 74 (Carlisle rd) make a left, and the fairgrounds is about a mile.

The events are all in and around the Toyota Arena- thats behind the big stadium you see from the entrance gate. Its big, and all the traffic will be going that way, so it will be easy to find.

The seminar room is at the extreme right end of the building when you enter from the main front doors. There will be signs.

The auction is in the left hall. New this year will be outdoor exhibits- a foundry and a forge and a couple big traction engines.

Back