Cabin fever #18

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is on one of my scheduled weekends to work but I said screw it and took the weekend off! Booked my room earlier today, and in that regard probably should have done the booking much earlier. Not many rooms left.

I tend to make a point to do the Friday auction and in that regard the new start times actually mean an extra night in York. Previously I'd get up real early and drive from Rochester in one shot to get there more or less at auction start. With the early auction starts that would mean a very early wake up.

The auctions are an important part of the trip as I've gotten some good buys, and a couple of not so good buys. When starting out a guy has to mind the expenses that pile up.

Of course Saturday is great if a bit embarrassing, the quality of work on display is humbling. It is also inspirational.

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

A 1" or so black iron pipe runs along the backside of most tables. It has been drilled and tapped for a 3/8" pipe valve about every 4 feet or so. The valves may vary a bit, so Id bring a few fittings- 1/4 pipe and 3/8 pipe, both male and female.

The pipes are all connected to a big air compressor out in back. They try to hold it fairly constant, but you should have your own local regulator. The ideal setup you have a small block with a regulator and taps for each of your models with a single flexible line back to the main supply.

Look for some of the photos from previous shows, you often see the black pipe along the back of the table.

Thanks Ron,
I would like to setup if not next to you some where close. I will be by myself so I would like to be by someone I know if only through this site.

Ron, Are there any seminars set for friday?

Dave

Adding to Ron's info - All connections are 1/4" female pipe. Any male is by accident and fittings left behind and it is best to use the valve as a shutoff rather than a regulator. Over the years we have tried different pressures and setups but have been happy with the current setup for years now. Pressure used to be at or less than 70 psi, but we tend to run closer to 100 lately. NOW, that doesn't mean you'll have 100 at the valve. We need to run that high "in the back" to make sure the flow through the system can feed everyone along the tables.

So please bring a regulator (and filter if desired). Additionally, please shut off your air at the end of the day so we don't have any unexpected starts applying air the next day. Thanks and see you guys there!!

Jared Schoenly

A 1" or so black iron pipe runs along the backside of most tables. It has been drilled and tapped for a 3/8" pipe valve about every 4 feet or so. The valves may vary a bit, so Id bring a few fittings- 1/4 pipe and 3/8 pipe, both male and female.

The pipes are all connected to a big air compressor out in back. They try to hold it fairly constant, but you should have your own local regulator. The ideal setup you have a small block with a regulator and taps for each of your models with a single flexible line back to the main supply.

Look for some of the photos from previous shows, you often see the black pipe along the back of the table.

Joy and I just dropped off a few items for the Auction. Glancing across the area, it looks like and OUTSTANDING auction with a LOT of high quality stuff. Can't wait until Friday and actually have a good look at the offerings.

We will be at the show starting early Friday for setup, then thru Sunday afternoon and have a new engine this year, the 1/2-scale Essex Caloric Engine. Depending on whether it's running for the show, we'll either be taking pre-orders or have cards to mail out when it's ready.

We will have a few sets of castings for the Lochmann Fountain Engine available along with our regular offerings.

See you at the show!
Todd.

Todd & Joy Snouffer
Littlelocos Model Engineering
www.littlelocos.com
www.facebook.com/littlelocos

SX50-2014-03-23 SM.jpg

No seminar on Friday this year, but Brian Barker and a couple other Mach developers will be there all day Friday setting up and ready to talk and show off Mach4. There will be an announcement about Mach4 that many have been waiting for.

Ive just finished loading my truck, will be on the road early tomorrow morning, hope to be at the show late Thursday. I will be splitting my time between the New England MES group, the HMEM group and the Mach display.

Ron. Looking forward to seeing you again this year.

Dave

I'm all packed and ready to leave at 6:30 am and should roll in by 8:00 am. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dave

I'm reading to leave by 6:30am.....but not getting there until 1pm!

I would like to go and maybe someday will make it. I have a cottage (unheated however) an hour or so north west of York where I could sleep if I wanted. I even have friends near the PA/MD border just south of York that have offered to put me up. But my job as a college theater technical director has me building our last production of the year around this time and it is often the biggest show of the year scenically. So unless something changes or I quit or retire or get fired (more likely) I probably won't make it.

I do try to get to the N.A.M.E.S. expo in Wyandotte MI when I can.

Paul

A big thank you to all of you for giving such a warm welcome.

The show was superb, as was the company.

A special thank you to Phil and Pam Oles who invited Bernie and me to stay in tneir home and who drove miles and miles to pick us up from Baltimore on Friday and return us on Sunday. It doesn't get better than that.

Thanks also to Stan for information about the Civil War and about heart pacemakers.

And special mention to Tin (Grandpa) Falcon and Grandma Falcon for inviting me to sit with them and for the ensuing conversation.

I think I am making new friends faster than the old ones are dying or drifting away and that makes model engineering very special.

Jim

I drove down to the show this year - first time there, had a great time. Bigger than I thought it would be, so neat to be surrounded by so many running engines on all sides! Picked up a few great items, including a nice 4-bladed brass propellor (boat style, not plane) that is heavy enough I think I am going to fit it as a replacement flywheel on my 3-cylinder marine engine. Went down a couple days early, and spent some time at other attractions around there, like the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania (camera got a workout there on all the old steam engines).

Another great Cabin Fever show. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. Thanks to everyone who helped make this show a success.
cheepo45

Yes another great show behind us. Thank you to all who stopped by the HMEM banner and said hello .
A great place to meet and talk to great like minded people. I got to talk with the folks from novacon , village press, LMS, etc.

Jerrod and the Cabin Fever staff Manned George Lurhs display and are carrying on the legacy.
Another great Meet and greet at the local Industrial history museum in York.

Purchased a few thing including a copy of the Hasbrock Book.

And We had a safe trip home finally tried out the famous Jenny's dinner outside of Lancaster.
Tin

Had a great day at CF, highlight was finding a tailstock for my DR 10, for cheap. Need to make a nee quill, but that's a quick job. I also saw tin and Stan, and many really well made engines.

I made it back to Maine, 1177 total miles. Great trip, very sore feet and knees, I think I will remain prone for about two days now. Then will start cleaning up a few models to take to NAMES next week, and sort out some of my auction treasures and vendor purchases.

I really enjoyed meeting so many of the guys I know from this list, but now I see I missed a few.

I really enjoyed meeting so many of the guys I know from this list, but now I see I missed a few.
I know what you mean I know many guys by face or the company or club they with some buy name .but putting it all together? I need to CARRY AND USE my notebook.

I did get to meet Mike Boucher I am slowly getting to know the names guys and the Rough and Tumble guys.
Tin

Latest posts

Back