Cabin fever #18

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
The 18th Annual
"CABIN FEVER EXPO 2014"
Model Engineering Show
& Auctions
Will Be Held April 11-13, 2014
In The Utz Arena (Formerly Toyota Arena)
York Fairgrounds & Expo Center
334 Carlisle Ave. York, PA 17404

The Largest Show Of It's Kind
In The Country!

http://www.cabinfeverexpo.com/

Tin

Ready to go. Got my room booked. Can't wait

Dave

All systems are go. I will be there and my grateful thanks to Philjoe who has invited me to sit in with him (and stay at his place - it doesn't get better than that).

I look forward to meeting with you in person.

Jim

Reservation made months ago.
Ready to go.

I'm there and will have the latest edition of the Official Australian - English dictionary so AussieJimG and I can have a casual conversation:eek:

Cheers,
Phil

I have made my reservation and plan to arrive Thursday afternoon so I can be at the auction and setup all day Friday. I have been to every one so far, and hope to continue.

Aonemarine, Ron,
Looks like I will get to meet you guys. Just made plans to be there.

I'm there and will have the latest edition of the Official Australian - English dictionary so AussieJimG and I can have a casual conversation:eek:

Cheers,
Phil

I guess I'd better bring the official US-English dictionary and practice writing "aluminum"

Jim

I think I am going to come to the show, this will be my 1st time, any suggestions where to get a motel room ?

Also if you want to sell some small items is that allowed without having a table ?

Mike

Selling is only allowed in the consignment area.
Commission is 20% for items under $100 so set prices accordingly.
See the above link for more info.

Tin

One of the nice things about York is the wide range of food and lodging within just a few miles of the show. If you look at a map rt 30 makes an arc, kind of a half beltway, round the north of York. Along that road are dozens of hotels, from the cheapest Motel 6 and up. Just ask Google and you will find everything you want.

The somewhat 'official' hotel of the show is the Holiday Inn "Holidome' on Loucks Rd. It is probably the closest to the show, but also probably the most expensive. It does have very nice rooms, restaurants and bars. There have been found many guys up much to late solving the worlds problems at the bar. Note that I only know this because I have been told about it, not because I stayed up to late talking. :p

If you like the old style hotel there is one right in the center of York, a classic 1920 or so place. I have not stayed there, but I have had dinner and it was a very fine, quiet place.

BTW- York has a very nice main street historical area that would be fun to tour, with some interesting shops etc. I know guys that have had a wife/SO with them that have spent a day along there. Rt 30 is also end to end shopping centers for the more conventional shoppers.

Not only is Cabin Fever a great show, York is a nice place to visit. A couple things I have enjoyed is the Harley Davidson plant tour and a visit to the National watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, about 15 miles east of York. Also the York Musuem of Industry where past Cabin fever receptions have been held.

York is also the home of York Peppermint Patties. Those who like steam locomotives can visit Strasberg, home of the Strasberg Railway and the Pennsylvania RR Museum.

I may have to miss this year, as I see I have a previous commitment that weekend. However, if rain is predicted here that weekend I can change plans last minute to come.

If you miss this show, the next best thing is to watch Errol Groff's videos of the event. Errol is a member of the New England Model Engineering Society. He videotapes this as well as many other shows and he's very good at it. He sits on a rolling chair and gets up close and personal to the models. If you have placards with your models he films those so it's often possible to identify the model and maker.

This link will take you to a page where his videos can be accessed in 3 parts for a total of almost an hour of viewing pleasure.

http://www.neme-s.org/Cabin_Fever_2013/cabin_fever_expo_2013_Page_1.htm

Cheers,
Phil

Wish i could go, but its a 4 hr trip and its during the weekday. Hey who knows, Maybe A machine will break down and I'll have to go down to Jersey for a service run!

Im still looking forward to CAMA in Kent this coming spring (if spring ever comes)

For those of you who not know we try to set a side some table space and set up as a group.

So who here is planning on setting up under the HMEM banner and about how much table space you will need.
sounds like we will be setting aside an entire section table loop for HMEM/MEM.

I know Phil usually set up with the Kinzer rough and tumble group and NEMES usually sets up as a group. and Ron ginger hangs with the cnc exhibit area.
No pressure but want to set claim on a reasonable number of tables so we can st up as a group and no one feels left out on the other hand I do not want empty space and others have to struggle to find space.
And please if you want space saved and you can not come until Saturday morning PLEASE let me know so I can save space otherwise any empty space on Saturday morning will be filled in by whoever wants it.

Tin

Latest posts

Back