Cabin Fever 2016

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As usual we will set a side a few spaces for HMEM members. Let us know if you want to be seen associating with some tough old bird.
Tin Falcon

The 20th Annual Cabin Fever has come and gone with great success! We want to give a hearty THANK YOU to all who made it out - Exhibiting, Vending, or Visiting! It was not only good to be back in Lebanon in the expanded facility, but great to be back in January where we all needed a break. There was an Energy and Vitality that we haven't see for a few years this past weekend. There were great displays, great demonstrations, lots of goodies to come home with, and plenty of camaraderie! We were generally running around like mad trying to keep everything going and like many years we didn't get to speak with everyone, but we would just like to say again - THANK YOU to all that made it a great 20th year! We hope everyone is home safe and getting some much needed rest! Take care and we look forward to you next year!! (Jan. 13-15, 2017!)

Gary, Jared, Joan, Jen, & All the Cabin Fever Team!

The 20th Annual Cabin Fever has come and gone with great success! We want to give a hearty THANK YOU to all who made it out - Exhibiting, Vending, or Visiting! It was not only good to be back in Lebanon in the expanded facility, but great to be back in January where we all needed a break. There was an Energy and Vitality that we haven't see for a few years this past weekend. There were great displays, great demonstrations, lots of goodies to come home with, and plenty of camaraderie! We were generally running around like mad trying to keep everything going and like many years we didn't get to speak with everyone, but we would just like to say again - THANK YOU to all that made it a great 20th year! We hope everyone is home safe and getting some much needed rest! Take care and we look forward to you next year!! (Jan. 13-15, 2017!)

Gary, Jared, Joan, Jen, & All the Cabin Fever Team!

Gary;

I have to thank you for continuing to put on these great events! I had to miss last years show so I was eager to see this one and a bit concerned about leaving York! I really like the York area as there is plenty to do if you stretch the trip by a couple of days. I'm happy to report that the new location is fantastic even if it took awhile to find it. Plus the area offers its own great things to do!

One of those great things to do was the Cornwall Furnace, a great side trip. Then there was Hershey a diabetics worst nightmare. When promoting your event it might be a good thing to allude to the other attractions in the area, especially ones like Cornwall that many going to Cabin Fever will be interested in. Variety I think make people more eager to attempt the trip, either alone or with the wife whom is free to explore.

As for the show I might mention the following:

1. A layout of the complex is in order, maybe on promotional materials or these days as a download. I'm embarrassed to say that I missed two entire halls with my first walk around. This would greatly help first timers to the complex.

2. I did mis the outdoor displays that you had in the spring at York. I didn't see the exterior of the complex so I don't know if this is feasible or for that matter if I just missed something completely. Casting, black smithing and other activities are always worth a watch. Obviously weather is an issue, I just wanted to point out that it is a draw.

3. It would be nice to see the auction area recycled into more display space for Saturday and Sunday! Tables on wheels maybe? I should mention that the auction is one reason I go to Cabin Fever as it (slowly) outfit my shop. All auctions are a crap shoot but each time I make it to Cabin Fever I seem to find something I can use. Just so you know the auction is a big reason for going for me.

Oh by the way I didn't speak to you or anybody else because it was obvious you all were working your butts off. I never want to disturb a man or woman working that hard while I'm effectively on vacation. You have a great team!

In any event thanks again for the great show!

David Frantz

Great show, but a few observations.

I saw only 2 small 7' X 11" signs for the back two exhibit halls. I know people who never made it to the back halls.

The back hall was way overcrowded with exhibitors as compared to the main hall.

I've always been told that there are NO reserved tables for exhibitors, but when I arrived at 3 pm on Thursday (I was the second person through the door) 3/4 of the exhibitor tables in the main hall all had reserved tags for one or two groups. How about giving the private exhibitor a chance to get onto the well lighted and warmer hall! If these groups want there own show put them in the halls in the back so if people want to see them let them search them out.

And maybe serve cheese to go with the Wine. they used to do that at the previous venue.
Tin

Back