Building one of Rudy's steamers

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deanofid said:
As for what comes next, well, the shop needs a good clean, and some tooling needs making before I start on another engine. Hopefully it won't be too long before the next one gets started!

stickpoke
Been nearly two months now. Was your shop that messy? ;D
Sounds like rubbish to me. :big:
stickpoke
So what's on your list of possibles?

zeeprogrammer said:
stickpoke
Been nearly two months now. Was your shop that messy? ;D
Sounds like rubbish to me. :big:
stickpoke
So what's on your list of possibles?

Hey! Git that stick outta my back. I've been doing stuuffff. Gears, springs, spindle adapter, dividing head rebuild. All put up here as tech articles. Plus my regular camera repair job so I get to eat, you know!

I'm working on the Jerry Howell burner right now, Zee, but John already has a thread going for those, so I'll wait until he's done before I put anything up about that.

I have a few different engines in mind, and was almost settled on one when you and Arnold got me thinking about a small loco. Now I'm in flux, again.

Basically, it's all your fault.

Dean

Rubbish.

Okay okay...the tech articles were awesome and immensely worthwhile.
But I haven't heard any other good reasons. You need to play a family card for that.

;D

P.S. I do my poking from the front.

"Say, I hope that's your umbrella poking me in the back there Andy" Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof}

BC1
Jim

zeeprogrammer said:
But I haven't heard any other good reasons. You need to play a family card for that.

Okay. I had to take care of my mom's dog for three weeks while she was out of town on vacation.

It's a big dog.

Dean

Dean,
That is one excellent looking engine and it runs so smoothly. The finish and the different colors of the engine and wood are striking. I don't think there's anything as nice looking as a slow running steam engine. Great job!!!!
George

Deanofid said:
I had to take care of my mom's dog for three weeks while she was out of town on vacation.

Nice. Two cards in one sentence...Mom and a pet. Those are good cards.
That buys you a little time.
A little.

Deanofid said:
zeeprogrammer said:
stickpoke
blah blah blah
stickpoke
blah blah blah
Hey! Git that stick outta my back. I've been doing stuuffff. Gears, springs, spindle adapter, dividing head rebuild. All put up here as tech articles. Plus my regular camera repair job so I get to eat, you know!

Yeah, Zeep's bugging me about my locomotives, too. Just ignore 'im. :D

Basically, it's all your fault.
:big: There's only one cure Dean ! :big:
I've got my dad doing the same stick-poke thing to me, if that's any consolation :big:

Kind regards, Arnold

This thread would be fantastic except that all of the pictures are missing for around the first 29 pages. Is this just on my computer or are they actually not there? Is so is there anyway to get the complete thread?

Al,

You will also find a lot of my earlier posts have pictures missing, all due to a faux pas by Photobucket a few years ago, where they accidentally deleted 2,500 of my pictures. Luckily I had copies of them all.

They could be resurrected to the posts as all my pictures have now been re-uploaded to P/B, but unfortunately with a different URL for each one, so I would need actual access to the posts to enter the new URLs, but the posts seem to be permanently locked.

A failure on this sites' software.

John

Latest posts

Back