Building Elmer's Fancy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arnold,

Congratulations on a really great build. :bow: :bow:

Sorry mate but I can't access the video - says 404 Error site not found on this server - whatever that means ;D.

Best Regards
Bob

Well done!

It looks great.

You made it live up to its' name, Arnold, and don't blame the camera... It looks gooood!
Nice work!

Dean

Thanks for the positive responses CC, Bob, kustomkb, Robert, Dean & Rick ! :) - This one was lots of fun to build.

I'll have a look at the video link tonight (at work now :( ) - it looked like it uploaded to my hosting site last night, but apparently it didn't.... - sorry about that :-[

Hopefully I won't go missing again...but she's already got my time planned...weeding, home improvement, cleaning...all the things I was supposed to be doing while she was gone. Grin
- Zee, can I recommend a smaller garden ? ;)

I like the flywheel, particularly the use of the grub screw to lock one spoke to the crank, I'll file that one away to copy borrow later
- CC, you are welcome - its for free!

Kind Regards, Arnold

OK, succeeded in uploading the video; also managed to shrink it a bit :)
You can get it Here
Regards, Arnold

Great video Arnold.

I took the liberty of uploading it to youtube so
it could be embedded here.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsALgyvokqI[/ame]

Beautiful craftsmanship! :bow:

Rick

Well I was sure I'd posted a reply as I had to download an adobe viewer to see the video ::) ........... oh well, ......... dementia's not too painful is it chaps ???

Top notch Arnold 8) , and a very nice runner ............ well done Sir :bow:

CC

rake60 said:
Great video Arnold.

I took the liberty of uploading it to youtube so
it could be embedded here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsALgyvokqI

Beautiful craftsmanship! :bow:

Rick
Wow - thanks very much Rick, both for the compliment and uploading to YouTube :bow: (I've given up trying to upload to YouTube from here in Windhoek; bandwidth just does not cut it)
Kind Regards, Arnold

CrewCab said:
Well I was sure I'd posted a reply as I had to download an adobe viewer to see the video ::) ........... oh well, ......... dementia's not too painful is it chaps ???
- Sorry CC :-[ ; I'll try to figure out more suitable formats for the videos - some research needed :D. Dementia painful ??? - hasn't hurt me a bit yet :big:

CC, Rob, Zee, Once again thank you very much for the compliments :) - it is much appreciated!

Zee, upcoming, I'm going to finish the first engine I started on - it's time to get it done. I also took a cue from Marv, and kept a (quickly growing!) list of tooling and accessories while I was building the rocker and fancy, so there is quite a bit of tool/accessory making coming as well. After that ? Don't know yet.

Kind Regards, Arnold

ITS A RUNNER

:big: :big:

Well done Robert nice job.

Have fun

Stew

Thanks Stew - much appreciated :)
Regards, Arnold

Oh nicely done Arnold! A real treat to see run indeed. You mention that the flywheel runs with a bit of runout but I cannot perceive any in the video, it runs super. Again, well done.

BC1
Jim

Thank you BC1 :) - Fortunately the video quality is not too great, so you don't see the runout that well ;)
Kind regards, Arnold

Arnold,

Well done, that's one beautiful looking and running model too :bow:

top notch

regards
Andy

Back