BMW R7 Motorcycle Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on a superb build. This is the type of work I enjoy doing and really appreciate it when others do it. Now that you have this finished what is your next project?
gbritnell

gbritnell said:
Now that you have this finished what is your next project?

Now I am finishing the design of my next proyect, It will be replica of the Wright J5.

German

Outstanding!

Beautiful work, I look forward to following the Wright build.

I will make a new video with another camera because the sound is not good.

The engine is excellent!

Regarding the sound in the video. I notice many videos here have noise on video recordings due to unshielded spark ignition leads. I'm not sure if some cameras are better than others at rejecting this noise, but the camera is usually close to the engine in any case.

dieselpilot said:
Regarding the sound in the video. I notice many videos here have noise on video recordings due to unshielded spark ignition leads. I'm not sure if some cameras are better than others at rejecting this noise, but the camera is usually close to the engine in any case.

Is very possible,because this engine have both spark plugs in serial and all engine make noise.

EMI/RFI rejection is another problem with the commercial ignition systems, especially CDI with onboard voltage converters.
With it running, grab a handheld AM radio and tune through the dial to see if you can hear the ignition system working.

As this is a stationary engine, and made to more similar possible to the original, this noise is an assume issue.
The ignition coil is locate as the original position (upper the engine) and the spark plugs wires cross the upper case at front . For minimize this noise, the coils would be outside the engine and place more wires leaving the engine, dirtying the general appearance.

If you compare those pictures with previous, you can see that I removed and arranged many wires and hoses.

Truly and Awesome Job! :bow:

Well Done

Kel

I too would like to know if you made the castings or machined from stock

Hello. First of all, awesome job, it looks and sounds fantastic.
The reason why I joined, is to get in touch with you to see if it's possible for you to send me the blueprints of this engine. I'm trying to make a 3d model of it and I haven't been able to find anything acurate so far.
If it's not possible I'll understand, I know this is something you've put a lot of time in to, and some people won't just give it away.
Thank you for your time.

Planes for download, please?
(In Solidworks format helps).
Good job. Congratiualtions.

Amazing job!!! What about rebuilding the R7 itself?

More pictures,
Mano.jpg

IzquierdaArriba.jpg

Izquieda.jpg

FrenteIzq.jpg

Frenteder.jpg

Frenteabajo.jpg

Escape.jpg

Derecha.jpg

Derechaabajo.jpg

Atras.jpg

Superior.jpg