Better late than never

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_Power

Reaction score
I actually though I had posted a introduction post when I joined, As I know it is important here...After reading a current thread here I decided to make sure, And after checking my posts I see I haven't So here goes! My name is Todd, I spent most of my life in Texas, Although have recently(3 yrs ago) moved to Minnesota.

I was definitely raised in a "hands-On" family environment, And can't remember Dad ever hiring anyone to do anything we could manage ourselves.I have spent most of my working life(24-ish years) rebuilding and repairing auto and truck transmissions. I have been into model aviation and model engines as long as I can remember, And have been flying airplanes and helicopters for 24 years and spent a few hours in the full-size ones as I could afford as well.

I think I have wanted to build my own engines for almost this long. I can distinctly remember getting in trouble at school for day-dreaming about my plans and how I was going to do it with my Dad's drill press and whatever else ;D .

I had run a few simple machines over the course of the years, But have only recently aqquired my own about a year ago. I'm definitely hooked! I have started a own-design compression diesel, But I have delayed it because I feel I'm somewhat stumped on some design issues and instead have been building 3 Boll-Aero 18's to get a feel for the timing and volumes. 3 because I hate to do all the setup to cut one piece. Honestly I'd like to be able to give one to my Father to whom I owe most of my "Craftsman" knowledge too as well.

I look forward to spending some time here and working towards achieving some of the fantastic accomplishments I see here. I am amazed at what some of you have made!! Todd

Hi Todd. Welcome to HMEM. For information and inspiration you've come to the right place. We look forward to pictures of your projects, workshop etc. Enjoy.

Welcome Todd!

Seems one of our Mods caught himself in a similar situation as yours.....it worked out OK ::) ;D

Dave

Todd,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Todd : Welcome glad to see you getting involved. IMHO it is a good Idea to build a few simple engines of known design to get a good foundation before building your own design. Happy machining
Tin

Todd - Welcome to the forum. I think you will find all the inspiration, encouragement and technical information here. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Harold

Hey Todd,

These guys build some truly amazing stuff. Enjoy!

Nelson

WoW! , Thanks for the big welcome Guys! ;D I'm really enjoying all the info to be had here! Todd

Back