• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Bentley BR2

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobden72

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all am gathering materials to build the Bentley BR2 rotary engine, have the book by L K Blackmore but was wondering if anyone has a set of drawings for the said engine. On that line has anyone started one and it is now lingering under the bench unloved and would like to sell it or parts on.

I have one about 75 percent complete had problems with the cam mechanism and have not looked at it for several years. Probably never get back to it.
bob

I have a copy of Bentley BR2 by L.K. Blackmore. My copy has all the drawings reproduced within its pages.
Even when I do have proper drawings, I don't use them in the workshop. I make a convenient A4 copy of the specific component I intend to machine, or even just the detail for the days operation.

Incidentally, before embarking on such a project, I like to model the entire engine in CAD. This allows me to fully understand the design and to produce my own drawings, dimensioned to suit my preferred machining methods.
I am building the Whittle Aero V8 at the moment, mostly from my own drawings.

I have a copy of Bentley BR2 by L.K. Blackmore. My copy has all the drawings reproduced within its pages.
Even when I do have proper drawings, I don't use them in the workshop. I make a convenient A4 copy of the specific component I intend to machine, or even just the detail for the days operation.

Incidentally, before embarking on such a project, I like to model the entire engine in CAD. This allows me to fully understand the design and to produce my own drawings, dimensioned to suit my preferred machining methods.
I am building the Whittle Aero V8 at the moment, mostly from my own drawings.

Camden miniature steam services sell a digital version of "Building the Bentley BR2" that can be viewed on a Ipad or similar though not a kindle or other E-book reader.

Most of it is packed away no use draging it out. I do not want to sell it. I would suggest you read the book carefully this is a difficult project

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
In my opinion the Hodgson engine is an easier build. Maybe not as "realistic but better documented more info and help available

Latest posts

Back