Back to the Minnie

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Arnold and glad to hear you are back in the workshop weaving your magic
Don

All dressed up and nowhere to go,still have to make the lubricator but as good as completed after 7 years on and off
DSC03340.jpg

DSC03339.jpg

Don

Here we go again,I venturered out the garage and reduced the Minnie to a kit of parts,ready for finnishing off and painting.

Unfortunately that's the stage I get to and then....

nothing :mad:

4 engines as pile o'parts

Nice work Don.

Don

That is one fine looking engine. A lot of patience has been put into this engine and it shows. Thanks for letting us look over your shoulder while you moulded and massaged the pieces to arrive at what you have shown us. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Thats turned out well, are you going to add any lining to it, I just did the spokes on mine.

J

Thanks guys, I think I would make a mess of the lining Jason so will probably not do it.
Don

Don, a truly beautiful engine :bow: :bow: :bow:

Congratulations - it's really a pleasure to see such a finely crafted machine!
You definitely have more "magic" than I do ;D

Kind regards, Arnold

Don

What a great end result! I've enjoyed following along :bow: :bow:

cheers, Joe

Amazing attention to detail here, i just wish i had the time and pateinece for a model like this

ITs lovely Don :bow: :bow:
Pete

And there was me thinking nobody looked at my posts,thank you all for your kind remarks,I am a man of few words and would rather be making things than talking about them,so I hope you will all forgive me for being so useless at explaining things.it's a good job everybody is not like that ;D
Don

Well Don I think you have done a wonderful job. I am intrigued by traction engines and yours gives me a very warm feeling. You must be proud of your results and deservedly so.

Barry G

Its beautiful in every respect Don. A fine addition to any collection and such a high level of craftsmanship. Well done :bow: :bow: :bow:

Bill

That's great work Don. I have a pair of Minnies I hope to complete one day myself, perhaps if the weather improves. They are waiting for me to start casting part, though the major castings are there and one has a lot of the major parts already built.

Did you have any more photos of it being built for reference or is that all? It looks pretty scary looking at a boiler like that with a hole gaping through for me, which was already done on one of mine. A few of the boiler under cylinder pics wouldn't go amiss. What's the flywheel made from? Presumably its from Blackgates? I'm not sure whether I'll be wanting to attempt a casting of that due to the amount of metal that goes in. Shall have to see. I do have a little lubricator and the manual is one hell of a read.

Hi Don

Have just read this from the start to finish and am mightily impressed. She is absolutely beautiful and a the work of a true craftsman, you should be well proud. I would love to see it in the flesh, are you intending to show it at all?

Best Regards

Les

Thank you Wings of fire,I didn't expect that after so long,I really enjoyed making the Minnie and show it off to whoever shows the slightest interest,which are not many.I still haven't finished the lubricator.:wall:
At the moment I am half way though making a skeleton clock and been side tracked by a sailing ship kit my granddaughter gave me for Christmas.when that is done I shall go back and finish the minnie and other bits and pieces on other engines.
Don

Back