An era comes to an end

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bandit looks a bit forlorn in that photo. Like, "where's the plush-lined basket that I'm going to ride in?"

My question is, "Where's the bling?" You're the blingmeister, John. That thing should at least have racing stripes, flames and a generous sprinkling of rhinestones. :)

Nevertheless, good onya. Keep on keeping on. Keeping yourself mobile, involved and alert will add years of enjoyment to your life.

Marv,

It just so happens that....................

bling.jpg

I found these amongst the bits I was going to fit onto my bike, so I suppose a few of them could be used instead of rhinestones, and the chrome flames can be used as is.

Will that do?

Bogs

John, surly you need a whip antenna waving the Union Jack, (or maybe the Jolly Roger), along with a bobble head on the dash in the likeness of HRH.
Leather tassels on the handle bars?
; )

You two have some fun. Enjoy yourselves.

Dean

Ooo, and spinners on the them alloy wheels, and a "Dixey" airhorn !!!

Tim

Methinks this is getting a bit out of hand now lads, you will be wanting knives out of the hubcaps next, to clear a way thru ignorant pedestrians.

But to bring things back down to earth.
I dreaded going out on it at first, because it showed instantly that I had some sort of disability. But now Bandit and myself are used to it, I have no qualms about making my way into town a couple of miles away, and driving thru shops.
But one thing that really annoys me, are the people who serve you and people who don't acknowledge your presence. The first thing most salepersons do is look around for whoever is supposed to be looking after you, after a quick poke and telling them that I am the customer, they get the idea I am safe to be out by myself, and the other are people who stand talking in shop gangways or on a narow pavements, either in groups or on mobile phones, they resent it when you ask them politely to move out of the way.

Maybe I should fit those knives after all.

I spend at least two hours out on it most fine days, and now have found it does give me the sort of freedom I used to get with the bike, which is where this all started.

So for anyone who is in my position, don't be afraid to try it, don't struggle any more, regain your freedom. Bugger what you look like, get out and do it, and if you need a fantastic supplier in the UK, try this chappie. He could have sold me units costing double the price and I wouldn't have been any the wiser, but he got me exactly what I needed that fit the bill perfectly. Not many of those people about any more.

http://www.discountmobilityplus.co.uk/home.html

Bogs

Bogs,

I like the chrome flames.

The whip antenna with a flag on it will make you very visible going down the road.

Perhaps you can mount concealed guns like James Bond has on his cars. How about a smoke generator and strobe lights.

You can really have some fun customizing your ride.

SAM

Sam,

I can see you lot are trying your hardest to get me arrested.

I've got to be very careful at the moment, as a few people are up in arms in this country because some people are using the hi speed mode (8MPH) on pavements ::), never a mention of all the people riding bicycles at very hi speed on the walkways, even in very crowded town centres.

I think they just want to keep us locked away and out of sight.

Bogs

How about a smoke generator and strobe lights.
That may cause a problem if he is caught travelling with the wind and cannot outrun the smoke. However with the strobe lights may be a neat affect. ;)

Latest posts

Back