Air compressor engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half Way!!

DSCN0615s_zps7ecd21a3.jpg

TADA!

I still have to shape the nose of the lobes by hand so I'm 90%. May tackle that tomorrow and then I have a fuel tank and the disk that holds the magnet for the ignition to make. Oh Yeah, I still have to make the flange to bolt the carb to.

DSCN0616s_zpsceca8b20.jpg

As slow as my lathe will go. ????

Sorry if I look stupid asking That question :wall:

I usually grind a CAM with a follower, but find your way mutch cleaner.

My father always said : you better look stupid for 30 seconds by asking a question then staying stupid the rest of your life"

Reactions: gus
The cam tunnel is complete. The lifter bushings (Bronze) are pressed into the housing and reamed. The lifters are polished and installed. When the camshaft is finished I will install it into the tunnel and the bearings will be pressed into each end making it ready to install.

DSCN0618s_zps875c7f7f.jpg

I also finished the rocker arms. The rollers were pressed into the ends. The riller pin is .125 diameter. One side of the tip was reamed to .124 and the other .125. The center of the roller was reamed .126 so the pin was an easy push thru one side, the roller slipped on and then the pin was sent home thru the tight end. Doing it this way keeps the tip from springing closed and gives the best chance of not pinching the roller. They are a real tight fit side to side and still roll real nice.

DSCN0620s_zpsb4a15879.jpg

Wow! Beautiful job Steve! Good enough for the mantelpiece!

cheers, Ian

Wow! Beautiful job Steve! Good enough for the mantelpiece!

cheers, Ian

I would have the same opinion. Obviously he can't stand up to question's or answer that are not in direct relation with HIS opinion. Reed the post and you will understand ;0(

Steve, do you have your own anodizing setup? If so can you show pictures of it?

Pat

I have the heads cross drilled. I assembled them to see if there were any problems and to get my pushrods done. I never know what length I need until everything is assembled.

DSCN0633s_zpse0fa2948.jpg

DSCN0641s_zpsb43fda20.jpg

DSCN0637s_zps9f5b367a.jpg

I had the chance to play around and discovered that the camshaft is wrong. The bumps are in the wrong places. I have not had the chance to figure out what happened but if you don't hear from me for a few days you know where i'll be.

Steve, do you have your own anodizing setup? If so can you show pictures of it?

Pat

No. I had them done. I have so much going on I really don't want to get into that stuff. Besides it's not that expensive. The guy did 18 pieces for 50 bucks. I thought that was reasonable.

Reactions: gus
I found the problem. When I made my chart I put the data for the #2 exhaust in the #2 intake column and vise versa. I'm going out to confirm that now but everything points to that.
Quick, switch the manifolds before anyone notices :)

Back