Air compressor engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guru Steve,
You are my hero.Making your own spark plugs. Will mark this post for future use.
During WW-ll ,petrol was not available to the public, but cars were still running but with methane gas generated by a wood fired methane generator heating up waste wood.
My neighbour made his own welding rods using some hocus-pocus flux coating. My school principal recycled old files into new files. Our very first prime minister made Cow-hide glue for a living during the war.All these folks plus Steve are my heros.

All I can say to that is, I'm honered! Thanks Gus!!

Finished the valves. A 1/4 inch piece of drill rod and a 1.125 inch slice of drill rod were silver soldered together. The stem was cleaned up and the piece was finished.

DSCN3212s.jpg

They were done exactly like these.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nofj1CGSCM4[/ame]

Nice video Steve thank you for including it. It really clears up the process.

Pat

Reactions: gus
Well heres the um. . . . ummmm. . . ummmm I don't know what to call it. It will house the hall sensor and the disk with the magnets in it that trigger the sensor. I will be able to turn it like a distributor to adjust the timing. It also houses the circuit board for the ignition. The cover will act as the heat sink for the giant transistor.

How about

Distribuntion box?

DSCN3222s.jpg

DSCN3223s.jpg

Muito legal... ops...

Sorry... very cool !!! :)

Best regards,

Alexandre

Just checking in to see how your build is going. Looks like top quality workmanship, typical Steve Hucks!

Chuck

Finished the flanges that will be used to attach the intake and exhaust manifolds. I am going to make the pipes using copper pipe so these were made from copper also.

00s2.jpg

003s.jpg

I also made the circuit board for the ignition. I used blank board and milled and drilled it.

006s.jpg

Snug fit NICE!

007s.jpg

Steve,
How do you create the tabs that keep the part from falling out when you cnc it?

Pat

Thanks Steve. I thought that maybe you had to draw them in with the CAD program. I am using HSMXpress, can you give me a clue about what I should look for to find this feature.

Thanks pat

Thanks Steve. I thought that maybe you had to draw them in with the CAD program. I am using HSMXpress, can you give me a clue about what I should look for to find this feature.

Thanks pat

I boxed out on the left where they are speced. I circled the tabs in yellow. The tabs on the right can be moved anywhere I want them. CamBam is very good. I can't say enough about it.

Untitled-13.png

Thank you very much for taking the time to do this. I really appreciate it.

Pat

Well I had to remake the cover for the distribuntion box. The first attempt was made using a 1/16 inch cutter. I think i pushed it a little to hard because the slots ware not straight. I redesigned to use a 3/32 cutter that way It would take the same or less time to make. All went well and I like this one much better.

DSCN3236s.jpg

I also got a jump on the rockers. They still need alot of work but I am done for the day and I know how you guys like pictures.

DSCN3237s.jpg

Back