Air compressor engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The manifolds are done.

Anybody know how to clean up a solder joint? The silver solder has left a black scale on the tubing and fittings. If there is no way I'll sand blast and paint them flat black.
Vibratory tumbler with plastic shell in it will do
Then with peanuts shell and they will come out like chrome brass.

even today those numbers for a street BBC are impressive:)

I dropped a big pile of parts off at the anodize shop and I wont see them again until next Tuesday. With the bench being almost clean I spotted the circuit board sitting there. I now have that scratched off the todo list.

DSCN3269s_zpse8d23c9f.jpg

DSCN3270s_zps3bbaea09.jpg

Hey Steve what was b & s in your 396 did you run roller in it.
I had water in my eyes when I saw the pictures on Pete's blogwoohoo1

Hey Steve what was b & s in your 396 did you run roller in it.
I had water in my eyes when I saw the pictures on Pete's blogwoohoo1

Dart Block 4.25 stroke and 4.5 bore 541CID
Dart 345 heads 2.3 / 1.88 valves
714 lift cam
Roller lifter and rockers
Eagle crank with H-beam rods
8.1:1 blower piston
871 blower
250HP nitrous with 175HP jets
Custom TH350 trans that is stronger than a TH400 with alot less HP loss.
Twin Holley 750 blower carbs

Best of everything! Drove it for 7 years and only hurt it once. Smashed some valve springs. No big deal.

I specially like the plans in the middle pictureRof} are you planning of eventualy sell plans for th blower?

The manifolds are done.

Anybody know how to clean up a solder joint? The silver solder has left a black scale on the tubing and fittings. If there is no way I'll sand blast and paint them flat black.
I believe you pickle it in citric acid, powder available at the local grocery store.

A weak solution of muriatic acid [pool cleaner] will do the job nicely and leave everything sparkly clean.

Usually one part muriatic to four water will work wonders in just a few minutes soak.

I dont get where the go :hDe: and cant see it in the tutorial. Can you elaborate more

steve camshaft tool.jpg

The bottom hole is where the lathe center goes. The top arrow is the actual camshaft. It rotates in the fixture and the pointer allows me to rotate it 5 degrees at a time.

HA :Doh: now I get it, the degree wheel does not rotate
only the pointer is move around to get the proper degree of the cam??

if a make an adapter to have the degree weel adjustable #1
and secure piano to the bracket #2 then I could go 360 degree
without removing the disk ??

cam adapter.jpg

Back