Ac-dc tig welder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ausdier

Reaction score
woohoo1 WOO HOO woohoo1
My latest new toy, a 200AMP MITECH AC DC TIG ARC INVERTER WELDER.
Thm: Thm: Thm: Thm: Thm: Thm: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

MACHINE.jpg

PANEL.jpg

ACCESSORIES.jpg

Congrats! I'm sure it's a excellent machine. I know what all those words say on the control knobs, but I have absolutely no idea what they mean... Think I'll stick to my little gasless mig and clunky old stick welder :p.

A great looking welder but as Kvom mentioned " now for the gas". In Australia BOC gases has a monopoly and can charge and do charge ridiculous prices. The smallest cylinder cost over $100 per year to RENT and over $100 per refill and if you do a bit of welding they don't last long at all. There does not seem to be a cheaper solution for the pensioner/ hobbyist. :(

Nice find. :)

Regarding gas for hobbyists, apparently you can buy disposable bottles now - so that there isn't a rental cost. It's probably worth checking out if you don't plan on using much gas.

Weeeeeeeeell I have my own bottle ;) so rental isn't much of an issue. ;D

Nice looking. Adequate amps and all the little knobs to twiddle. Lots of fun ahead for you.

Will post some pictures when I get good.:)
See you in about a year or so..........Rof}Rof}Rof}

Who tests and fills your gas bottle?

They are on the exchange program. You just go into the depot and pay for a full bottle of gas, so when they need testing they get done by the parent company.

Is this exchange program through BOC gas ?

I bought my argon bottle from SpeedGas and they do refills for me :D no rental costs.

A nice addition to the shop. I dream of having a tig welder but have not made it a priority . I came close to getting a Harbor freight dc only but opted out.

My gasless wire feed does ok. TIG is so much cleaner and so much more control slower but nicer. And a little more skill to learn.
you just need to learn to make one tiny puddle then repeat over and over. get a rhythm going sing a song and stick to the beat.

I learned TIG in USAF tech school stainless steel inconell magnesium titanium aluminum you just need the right settings and the right filler. TIG will do any thin material and any critical root pass.
Tin

hi ,
here in belgium i was pay one time €150 and approx €100 for replacement bottle
when i dont need no gas annymore i get my €150 back

greetz

this one looks nice for $850 US but the duty cyle is pretty low

http://www.eastwood.com/tig-welders-eastwood-tig-ac-dc-welder.html
Tin

I got the Eastwood tig 200 about a month ago. I'm an absolute beginner. Have not overloaded the machine yet--I either dip a tungsten or the torch itself gets too hot first. :)

Argon bottle was $175 purchased. Exchange for refills run about $35-40 for a 125cf tank. Found another shop that says $22 for exchange to try next time I'm empty.

I got some zirconiated tungsten electrodes today. A 10 pack of 1mm, 1.6mm and 2.4mm each so I should be good to donate some money to the power company on the weekend. :)

Man... At school our linkin all I can Change is DCEN AC DCEP and then amps. I wouldn't have any idea what to do with all thows. ;) I have been layin down some good lookin stacks on alu and just today I moved to Steel...whole new world!! No one has ever tryed tig (and been good) at school so now that I'm gettin better every one wants to try so now when I'm ready to start I look down and some one has used all my stock I had cut the day befor and was diggin around with the tungsten... at that point I'm no longer friendly..

Would you care to explain what some of thows adjustments are?

Thanks

GJ

Hi GJ,

I hope these explinations are of some help.

1. Initial slope, time 0-2s. This is for the time it takes to get up to the welding amps that have been set.
2. Peak current, 20-200A. This is for setting the upper limit of power for the weld.
3. Background Current. This is the low-level current needed to maintain the arc.
4. Final slope, time 0-5s. This is the time it takes to stop the arc by reducing the amps down.
5. Arc force. This is more for Stick Welding ( MMA ).
6. Pulse frequency, 1-70Hz. This shapes the weld bead by narrowing the arc cone with increased frequency.
7. AC balance, 10% - 90%. This controls the amount of positive or negative electrode time on the tungsten.
8. Clean width, 20% - 80%. This controls the cleaning of the area that is being welding.( Removal of the oxide )
9. Post flow, time:2-10s. This is the time gas flows at the end of a weld to keep oxygen out of the weld puddle.

PANEL.jpg

Thank you I didnt know there was so much a person could adjust but all seam so imporant and how could I live with out one!

Thank you again

GJ

Latest posts

Back