A V8 Maybe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Metalmad!

If you want to keep things like the full size engine the adapter and the drive snout are the only holes counterbored. All the other bolt heads should be atop the surface. Even the rear cover is surface and not sunken.

This is the best picture i have.

DSCN0045_zpscc782098.jpg

Hi Steve
Thanks for posting that pic, its Awesome.
I notice the two middle blower mount bolts are hex head, is that customary? or just a feature of that Engine.
Im glad you said something Steve, I was going to counterbore the blower tomorrow, almost did it today but decided to sleep on it :)
Pete

Hi Steve

I notice the two middle blower mount bolts are hex head, is that customary? or just a feature of that Engine.

Pete

Those 2 bolts were replacements that needed to be longer than the originals. They needed to be longer to mount the linkage plate. You can see the black plate that mounts with those 2 bolts. That is where the linkage comes and the throttle cable connects.

MotorLeftRear_zpsc6c3441d.jpg

Hello Metalmad!

If you want to keep things like the full size engine the adapter and the drive snout are the only holes counterbored. All the other bolt heads should be atop the surface. Even the rear cover is surface and not sunken.

DSCN0045_zpscc782098.jpg
being a GM man :) my eyes get's full of water when I see picture like this:fan:
Hey Pete this his coming along good, nice workThm:

Hello Metalmad!

DSCN0045_zpscc782098.jpg

wowwww :eek:

MUSCLE ENGINE. beautiful.

I Bought the Blower bearings the other day so I better cast up the holders.
Big Kev is holding a simple no draft pattern for the Pic Thm:
Pete
DSCN0488_zps5cc128f6.jpg

Did a quick pour of the blower front bearing holder and scored some nice offcuts for the crank and flywheel :)
Pete
DSCN0489_zpsd3a9a385.jpg

Getting the back bearing plate ready for casting, I made a divot with a center drill where the holes will be and lined up my Steve inspired toothpicks with the bolt holes. I gave it two good thick coats of varnish hoping surface tension will fill in the tooth pick undercut.
If I get time i'll do a pour tomorrow.
Pete
DSCN0490_zps772599e1.jpg

DSCN0491_zps182d2cf3.jpg

Thanks Luc
You can thank Steve for this as I had intended to make the back plate flat with simple crosswise fins but I found his photos so inspiring I came up with the "Two Daisy disign" and I feel it is a little closer to the real deal :)
By the way Steve If you read this, are the little screws on the centers philps Head? and are there two or 4?, im thinking of adding them as a nice detail point.
Pete

DSCN0492_zpsd106ee07.jpg

DSCN0493_zpse20f9020.jpg

DSCN0495_zps82cf4801.jpg

Pete....................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................speacheless

From what I see it looks as if the entire blower is shifted forward to clear for the distributor. You could shift your adapter plate and blower forward.

If you are worried you could shorten up your pattern and repour.

MotorRightSide_zps8fbd1682.jpg

Hi Steve
I think once ive got the blower built i'll remake the adaptor with half an inch clearence for the dizzy. I have turned the housing around now and its about right but I want the big flange at the back, maybe I will get used to it:confused:
Pete
PS
As a very last result I guess I could go Ford:eek:

Steve, Top Fuel don't run Chevy's, they run Mopar *knuppel2* :big:

And what's wrong with Fords anyhow?

Steve, Top Fuel don't run Chevy's, they run Mopar *knuppel2* :big:

And what's wrong with Fords anyhow?

Chevy, Mopar, that's debatable. Thats like saying nascar runs Chevys, and Mopar's. There is'nt a chevy or Mopar part out on that track.

Theres nothing wrong with fords. I have 3 in the garage right now. 2009, 2010, and a 1928

Very nice looking progress. Take care and keep the photos coming.

Thanks for the support Danny:cool:
I did a pour today and I think the gear cover, can be used but the frount bearing spigot needs to be repoured.
I had a bit of trouble screwing in the removal screws in the back of the patterns and the sand got knocked around a bit:fan:

DSCN0498_zpsd2bd9fee.jpg

*beer**beer* here Pete the beer is on me, thanks for all these pictures

I can already hear the blower wistlingwoohoo1woohoo1

Latest posts

Back