A Table Engine Tale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to see this finally running; it's a beautiful runner!

I notice that the governor does a bit of stop-and-start. Is that because of stretching in the (rubber?) belt? It's probably easily fixable though.

But that's minor; this is a fantastic engine.

Simon

Great Engine Ramon a lovely runner.

I learnt a lot from following your build thanks for posting it.

Stew

Truly magnificent Ramon, your attention to detail and refusal to cut any corners on detail and realism is inspiring.

That's a legacy piece.

Ken

'Morning guys, as always I'm appreciative of your comments and support. It is very gratifying to think that others derive some benefit, interest or just plain enjoyment from doing something like this - I know I certainly have.

smfr said:
I notice that the governor does a bit of stop-and-start. Is that because of stretching in the (rubber?) belt? It's probably easily fixable though.

Simon
I don't think this is the belt so much as the governor accelerating ahead of the gear mesh at very low speed then decellerating to get another kick. As soon as the engine speed increases a tad the governor smooths out quite noticeably. The drive belt is from a record deck drive. It's new and whilst it does have some stretch I'm pretty certain it's not the culprit

Andy B - can you check your messages - PM sent

I'm going to take a break for a 'week or two' - theres the garden to think about for a start at this time of the year and also there are inroads to make in that new extension for the bead blaster. However the drawings for the next 5cc scaled up I/C diesel engine (Aw sorry Jason ;)) are finalised and I'll be glad to share that with you as soon as I can.

Regards for now - Ramon

Well Done Ramon! Get the pesky garden stuff done so I can watch you build another masterpiece! :bow:...

And I'm considering changing my name to Sue! :big:

Dave

Hi Ramon,

PM answered again...just in case you don't get this one either.

Cheers

Andy

Hi Ramon

Just caught up with your thread, from the point when you went in for the surgery. I am so pleased that everything turned out positively, and as for the finished product, well it is a real jawdropper, your attention to even tiniest of details is evident in every aspect of the build. That is a machine to be truly proud of, and the build log will be used time and time again for reference by myself and many others, Thanks for the journey.

Les
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks for your kind remarks and thought Les - much appreciated.

It would appear that there is to be an epilogue - I have been reliably informed that it requires a case :eek: ::)
However I've managed to escape the garden but have 'allowed' myself to get side tracked into some long thought about workshop improvement tied in with that new extension - at the moment it looks absolutely chaotic though it's getting there slowly and the time out should be well worth it.

Ramon

Reading through the Super Tigre G32 thread, I kept seeing reference's to 'the Table Engine' build. Having had a chance to read this, it is now marked as a must-read and a must re-read. Maybe this late comment will raise awareness in some other relative newcomers. Fantastic, Ramon!

--Tim

Well Tim, I was quite surprised to see this make an appearance again :eek: - the last thing expected but thank you for your sentiment and kind comment - much appreciated. I hope it proves of use to you.

Regards - Ramon

Hi Ramon, I too somehow had not seen the table engine but now that I have, what can I say but "WOW". :bow:
I am now following the Super Tigre build and look for an udate every time I come to the site.Once again thank you for sharing
your skill and knowedge with us .

Best wishes ,
Ian (seagar)

Back