a new work in progress my new 8,02 cc model glow engine.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hallo Brian,

Thank you for your kind reply.Gerard says "wow" for your beautifull made 2 cilinder engine.
It's a very nice and wellmade 2 cilinder 4 stroke engine constructed with much knowledge about working with all kinds of Metal,Aloy,Brass etc.My compliments for making it.
I also like the way you made your beautifull 2 cilinder engine.I will certainly watch how you made all the parts up to the complete engine.

many greetings from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

Hallo Model Engine Friends,
As you already knew my 8,02 cc model glow engine is nearly finished so now and then some extra pics will be posted by me to show you
how the engine looks after all the efford i did to built it
I am happy with the looks of this engine only it's a bit square special the Crankcase,but i only have the intention of making this engine and try to get it running in the
Summertime.I already have made some contact with one of the latest modelshops nearby to ask after some good quality glow fuel with castor oil for lubrication
and at least 5-10% nitro which is highly recommended by mr.Chris Boll from the U.K. for good starting and running. I am very anxious how the heavy cast iron piston will do.I have very good experience with my other model diesel engines with pistons made from exact the same cast iron in the same quality,only there's a difference in running between both engine types a model diesel engine in that case is a real cool runner in comparison to a model glow engine.I really do n't know what i might expect,but an aloy piston with a couple of grey cast iron piston rings seemed a much better idea to me,however i must say i do n't have experience by making piston rings at all.I hope you like the pics made from my backplate after the polishing and updating from the
rotary disk.

DSC03382.jpg

DSC03383.jpg

DSC03384.jpg

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03388.jpg

Hallo Model Engine Friends,
At the end i can show you some pics from my nice looking 8,02 cc model glow engine complete with the modified R/C carburettor and in a refined state.
I do n't know if the engine works perfectly ,but that must be proven during my first starting procedures.At this stage i am satisfied with the results reached today so now waiting is for a better season with good weather not so cold as today for example to try a number of starts and if possible runs of course.
I hope that i could give you a pleasant time by watching my pics made in not always good light quality,but i tried to get a visable result at the end from my pics.

All the best for all of you from modelmotor-Gerard-The Netherlands-Europe.

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03396.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03393.jpg

Great looking engine! Congratulations!

Hallo Norberto,

Thank you for given me your compliments about my latest model glow engine.
I am happy with the end results now after all the effords i made.
I have seen your metal work and special the "newby" twin cilinder model engine looks very good.It's a real boxer engine looks sturdy and a powerfull unit when finished and ready for running.
Model Engines became for numerous reasons a part of my life so happy that i have the possibility to put my ideas into the making from a model engine.
I hope you will have lots of pleasure in metal working too,but what i already saw is that you also have much pleasure in metal working just like i am.
All the best Norberto and probably we will have contact with each other about our metal working hobby now and then.

Latest posts

Back