A gift!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robcas631

Reaction score
Recently my father turned 80 years old. I wanted to give him a worthy gift. I couldn't finish it before his Birthday, however, I was able to give it to him for Christmas. It made him very happy. The smile on his face was worth the effort! It still needs a bit of tweeking and a part replaced.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Caskie4a.jpg

Caskie3.jpg

Caskie2.jpg

That's a nice keepsake for him, will be appreciated for a long time.

When I find that right project, I will make one for each of my 3 sons, hopefully they will appreciate the effort gone into it and not just dump it to get dusty somewhere,

Paul.

Last edited:
He attended a Technical High School in Yonkers, NY. Throughout the years he would often tell me about the projects he worked on. Turbines and more and I found it fascinating. Thus years later I started machining. When I gave this to him wow was he set back. Totally worth the effort!

There are a few parts I must replace, and I am still having issues with piston rings but I will find answers! Also I was thinking of a better wood base. One with draws.

I would love to be able to give my mechanical engineer and machinist uncle a gift like that. Someday.

There are a few parts I must replace, and I am still having issues with piston rings but I will find answers! Also I was thinking of a better wood base. One with draws.

I take it that it's air driven with brass cyl? You might want to try quad rings from hyd cyl they are more of a square o-ring so they tend to seal better, if they are a steel ring again try hyd steel piston rings. Motion Industries, Kamam Bearing are a couple of place to try to get what you need.
Todd;)

I's like it to be able to manage steam or compressed air. The the main cylinder is lined with steel. The steam chest is brass. I thank you kindly for your input!

I made a steel insert for the steam chest. What a difference having steel (instead of brass) cylinder walls! It runs a bit rough but that is because I need to adjust the timing. I sent a video to my Dad...he is happy! I believe a few more changes and it will be ready!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oiTV3TVYOA[/ame]

Last edited:
Hi Rob,
Looking good.

Re: Camera shake. I use a neck strap on mine and try to rest my hand on something solid to steady it. Until I twigged that this was needed to get good pictures, some of mine were horrible. Really they were...

Here is proof that the kind folks @ HMEN teach well!

HMEN ?? Home Machining Entertainment Network ??? Rof}

Hope you do not mind the humor

Inside and outside mics nice.

Tin

Latest posts

Back