A covered walkway to my shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a perfectly lovely English garden, John. And how better to really enjoy it than for you and your lady to have some real peace of mind when you sit in it? I'm so glad to hear that things are looking brighter. Keep on keeping on!

Thanks Keith, Tin & Marv.

Only a few months ago our garden was like a bombsite, but actually it has been in preparation for many years, planning for this day.

In the whole front and back garden, we only have two plants that go into the ground, a honeysuckle and a clematis, most of the others we have raised from twigs in tiny pots, to what you see now.

Doing it this way, just a powerwash once a year, a small amount of feeding, weeding and watering, without having to bend too far, and half an hour with a sack truck and we can have a completely new looking garden by swapping the pots around.

It might seem small compared to a lot of people's gardens, but just like our house, it is perfectly sized for our needs, and little would you believe it, it can easily accept a gathering of up to 15 seated, or even more if we spill over into the workshop.
Once the mo'sickle eventually finds a new home, the area that occupies will open up a whole new area to be enjoyed. That is all in preparation for doing next year.

There is no rush, we have the rest of our lives to do it.

John

John,

It's all come together very nicely. I hope you and Mal enjoy it for many years to come.

A bitlot off topic but I saw a bit of Antique Roadshow the other night and there was a guy on there who looked a lot like you. Was it you?

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
A bitlot off topic but I saw a bit of Antique Roadshow the other night and there was a guy on there who looked a lot like you. Was it you?

And if it was, how much did they appraise you for? :big:

Kvom,

You can buy cheap Tens Unit machines from your local pharmacy, and are used to treat certain types of pain by stimulation of the nerves by small electric shocks thru pads you stick onto your skin. If you need to know more, try a google search for 'Tens Unit'.

Mine will be a medical version that can be programmed more efficiently.

It seems that some people get pain relief, others don't. I won't know if it will work with me until next week.
If it doesn't, I will have to revert back to more morphiates to keep the pain under control, and I will be back to square 1.

For the last six months, I have been trying out cocktails of drugs to allow my nerve endings to be more responsive to stimulation. It is a combination of those drugs and the pain (the medicos reduced my morphiate intake by about 50% when I started the trials) that has kept me out of my shop for so long.

If the trials with me work, they have said I might be able to have a more complex unit implanted.

If not, tough luck. But at least you have to try.

John

John;
What good news for both Mal and yourself, and I'm so glad to hear it. A reason to rejoice!

Your garden and patio area look better all the time. Just the place for relaxing and visiting.
Thanks for sharing the great news!
Best regards, always,

Dean

And now the icing on the cake, entertainment.

Even though we have had a fair few birds coming to feed during the breeding season, Mal thought that it might all stop once all the youngsters had fledged. But we needn't have worried, it is even more frantic than ever. They must have signs pointing to our place, FREE FEED, COME AND GET IT.

Sorry about the crappy pics, but these were taken thru my kitchen window.

The little blighters actually form a queue on the fence, waiting to get a spot to feed.

Thebirds.jpg

It is actually mayhem, with all sorts flying everywhere.

Thebirds1.jpg

We also get a few normally very shy ones dropping in.

goldfinch.jpg

It gives Mal a full time job keeping everything topped up, and she is loving every minute of it.

Unfortunately, there has been a Sparrowhawk hovering overhead for the last few days, and although he has tried to catch something, because of all the built up area around and the tight layout in the feeding area, he can't get near to them without being spotted. But if he does eventually succeed, that is just nature calling.

Bogs

Vinnie the mog must be off duty at the time of the photos ?
Tin

Tin,

Actually, Vinnie is usually fast asleep on the garden swing, with the starlings hopping around on the floor below him. He isn't as fast since having a run in with a motor vehicle and having his RH rear hip joint removed.

But, if he could, he would.

In fact, I think he helps at times because he is so territorial, he is forever scrapping with other moggies who would like to share the expected feast.

John

Pat,

In fact our Jack Russell isn't a terror at all, once he gets to know someone, he is a pushover, rolling over on his back for the slightest of strokes. But he is very protective towards Mal now, his loyalties have totally changed.
Even when I just hold Mal's hand, he watches me like a hawk, with a sort of 'go on, try something' look, any closer and he dives between us.

And thanks, we are enjoying it immensely.

John

Latest posts

Back