4 Verburg Engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bouch

Reaction score
Hi folks,

About 5 years ago, I built Elmer Verburg's "Square". For a while, I wanted to build 3 other engines to go with it, as they all have a similar look and feel: "Scotty", "Baldy", and "Wobbler". Over the past few months, I built the new 3 at the same time. I put them all on a common display base, and here's what the display looks like.

Might also have a small brass plaque made for it, but I think there's enough brass there...

One thing I'm not happy about is that 3 of them run crank over, but not "Wobbler". If I had thought about that during construction, I would have modified "Wobbler" to suit.

4 Verburg Engines 1 sm.jpg

4 Verburg Engines 2 sm.jpg

4 Verburg Engines 3 sm.jpg

They look great together on that base...great job!

Today I took some time and took video of the 4 engines all running. I've uploaded the video to you tube. It can be seen at:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ryrzKvuYw[/ame]

Enjoy!

Looks like I have more work to do! I was looking through Elmer's plans the other day and realized that there's a 5th engine in this "family", called "Standby", engine #19. Same basic shape, but it has a wrist pin connection between the piston and connecting rod. After I'm allowed back in my shop, I'm going to have to build that and make a new display base for all 5 engines!

Shouldn't be too hard to make the engine, but Its gonna kill me to trash that display base for a new one... ;)

Back