3/4" scale Bassett lowke tracion engine gears

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isambard

Reaction score
Hi please has anyone any idea how or where I can get the gear sizes for the Bassett Lowke 3/4" scale traction engine I am trying to complete. I need any information on them ie diameter, pitch etc as these are not on the drawings as gears were supplied with the kit to build the engine hope someone can help.

Tom

Is there any reference to "Bonds" on the drawings as they would likely have been the gear suppliers, many small traction engines of the period just gave Bonds ref numbers.

Failing that if you know the center to centre distances of the shafts its not to hard to work out some likely combinations from their PCD sizes or coun't the teeth from a photo and see what fits teh shaft spacing.

http://www.stationroadsteam.co.uk/stock%20pages/5256/pages/5256-i.htm

Last edited:
thanks for that Jasonb I have had things off station road steam in the past and I never thought of them can but give them a try

Tom

hi Tom;thought I was building same as you but turns out to be Bassett Lowke 1 1/2 scale Burrell;have you any drawings for these models cause all I've got is the booklet;cheers Trev

This is the Traction Engine as I got it as you can see it needs a lot of work the bottom picture is after cleaning.

DSCN1883.jpg

DSCN1886.jpg

Latest posts

Back