1/3 Scale Austin Seven Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Some pictures of the water inlet manifold and valve chest cover.

Rob

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Just to check, you're not the R.Barret that worked at the Cav Labs in the mid 90's are you?

Amazing detail on such a tiny engine.

Brock

The Seven is without doubt one of the true heroes of British motoring and its great to see it depicted so beautifully.

Wow it just keeps getting better!

Thanks for the update.

Dave

Just Lovely, A real work of Art!
Pete

Beautiful!

It sure would be nice to see some of the steps you went through to create this little masterpiece??

Dave

I'll be watching your progress.
That's a wonderful engine,i like

Beautiful work on a very familiar engine to me. I grew up with Austin 7s. My father built 3 Specials. I was nearly born in the last one, my Uncle built one with my childish help and now I have one myself, albeit with a Sunbeam 928cc engine as I can't now afford the silly prices asked for A7 engine stuff!

May I ask if you used CAD/CNC methods and how on Earth you got the casting codes into the model?

MrTin

Many thanks for the comments.
Yes MrTim, I do have a small CNC Mill and old Myford lathe.

I'm just preparing the model to show at the Midland Model Engineering Show here in the UK. I've gone for a sort of exploded view with some of the components held by very long studs so you can see the inner workings.

Regards,
Rob

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Rob,

It's so interesting to see a different approach to display. And such detail paid to the interior of your engine as well. I can envision a large group of viewers around your table at the show.

Best of luck.

--ShopShoe

It looks like some one polished an original and stuck it in a scifi movie shrinking machine. This is the most accurate scale model I think I've ever seen!

Are you planning on selling your drawings, or castings or anything?

Rob,

I'm going to the midlands exhibition, I'm looking forward to viewing your fine work,

Cheers,

Colin

Latest posts

Back