You get what you pay for...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmuir

Reaction score
I'm generally a believer of the old saying.
'You get what you pay for.'

and as such my alarm bells go off at how cheap this ER32 chuck is.
What do you think should I use someone else's barge pole to push this one away.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Brand-new-ER32-MT3-Chuck-Holder-Fixed-CNC-Millling-AU_W0QQitemZ110264205469QQihZ001QQcategoryZ128241QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last week they had another seller with ones for around $80 which seems a more reasonable price but he has none listed today

For AU$26.40 sitting in your mailbox its worth a gamble. Buy a set of their $55 ER32 collets while you are at it and let me know how good they are ;). I need to get a set.

Bought an el cheapo DTI and stand from these guys recently, $34 plus $12.90 airmail. The stand is crap but the DTI is Mitutoyo.
Well, the DTI is branded Mitutoyo, whether it actually IS Mitutoyo is another thing.
I've checked the DTI against a good dial indicator and its reads the same, so that's a point in their favour.

I've got a better idea, how about you buy them and let me know how good they are. :big:
I like a bargain but that just seems too cheap.

I have coming in the mail one of Sir John's 5C/ER32 adaptors, bought from Arc Euro, and while I was at it I also bought one of their MT3/ER32 adaptors for about AU$65 plus postage.

Both of these items are made in China but Arc Euro do have quality controls in place.

My 18 piece set of ER32 collets will come from Maritool in Illinois, around AU$200 delivered for a known good quality product.

I see Hare & Forbes are presently offering a 6 piece ER32 collet set for AU$165 ?!?!

Thanks,

I've bookmarked Arc Euro and will have a good look on their site later.

Latest posts

Back