Whittle Aero V8 WIP

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, let me say Dean I think,.... hope....I'm sure.... your right.
Tonights Fun...finished side 2. I cut the angle down to 3 deg. and believe it really should be zero (the drawing is deciviing). I know I can work with what I have.
So here goes the pics

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

Tomorrow the inside out

Tony

Tony,
I think you are even more persistent than I am. Dean's right. Third time.

Seriously, it is looking good.

Gail in NM

Thanks Gail,
You know the drawing throws you off, at least I thick. That lower front face looks like an angle. The way it blends into the outside edges. But now after seeing it there is no angle. The side tapering gives that effect. Your right, I am a persistant SOB. I have it in my head I will I will I will. Someone mentioned on the Yahoo the the cam should be mirrored so it will run clockwise (as view from the pilot seat). There are a lot of European engines even to this day that run counterclockwise. Today, I went to the hobby shop to order a pusher prop (10x7- 11x6) so I can turn backwards and see if the airfoil will work, by the pics at Tower Hobbies it look like it will.

Talk about advanced planning :big: a little incentive and figure out what the hub dia should be and do I have to reverse the cam.

Tony

It looks great. I was going to offer to draw it up in 3D if you sent the drawing for the oilpan over. I suspected that it was the blending of the surfaces because an angle wasn't called out. Of course these model engineering prints aren't always to the same standard as the aerospace firm I worked at ten years ago. Then again, most company's I've worked at since aren't to that standard. Looking at it now that curved line ending short of the front face is the giveaway.

The pusher prop will work if the engine turns the "wrong" way.

Greg,
Thanks, and thanks for the thought of drawing for me.
Tony

Play by Play Today All,
Had to take a break my arms are killing me from the Y axis wheel. Initial hog complete next hog in a little while

The layout (I'm a blue guy, that red stuff....)
IMG_0658.jpg

The big hog. no break out .12 shy of the the target
IMG_0660.jpg

The next hog
IMG_0661.jpg

See ya in a little bit. Off to the next hog

Tony

Firstly let me say that I am in awe of your patience! I know, many would also make a third go (and Im sure this time all will be well), but not many would make the third attempt with such a cheerful disposition! Well done mate Ive followed this thread from the get go and I cant wait to see more..

Fantastic! (I so love the journey.....) :bow:

Artie

Artie
first may I say Thank You, Hopfully I will reward your efforts on following me to a gleefully bliss of va-rom va-rom.

OK arms tired again but.....

hogen out 2
IMG_0662.jpg

The next hogen out
IMG_0663.jpg

Tony

YUP

This has no angle on the end....it gets close

WhittleAerosump.jpg

Dave

So far, so good, on der hogen, Tony!
Still pullin' for ya, bud!

Dean

Looking great, I have been away for a while but the progress is as I would have thought.
Keep up the good work
-B-

steamer, Deanofid, Krown Kustoms
Thanks for the support guys, you know I'm sweatin every cut

Last of the Hogen

IMG_0668.jpg

That's it for tonight. Maybe I'll get some Hogen das now :big:

Till tomorrow no more cuts, A little Bourbon and hang with ya

Tony

This thread is a great example to everyone of patience and persistence, not to mention quality.

I'm always surprised by how small it is. I can't wait to see it running.

cobra428 said:
Here I touch off on Z and zeroed the DRO (not you zee :big:)

Yeah...I saw that. Most people know I'm not good for a touch. ;D

Tony,
You have probably already seen this video that was posted on youtube a couple of weeks ago, but if not enjoy. It will provide you some additional incentive, not that you need any. And even if you have seen it, I am sure that some of the others following this thread will enjoy it. Builder is in the UK.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-SNDErd1IM[/ame]

Gail in NM

Hi Gail,
Thanks for the link. WOW what a little animal. I'm going to lock myself in the shop now! Till it's done! :big:

Tony

Zee,
What's the Uh for? You usually have more to say than that :big:

Tony

I was pretty speechless.

I expect it's going to happen again. And in this thread. ;D

Latest posts

Back