• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Where to sell an old fire pump?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew_D

Reaction score
I posted this to the Antique section on PM, but thought I'd try here as well...

I am looking for ideas on where to advertise an old fire pump...

http://firefighternation.com/photo/albums/old-fire-pump

It starts, and pumps water, but just doesn't meet our needs any more. I'm not a big fan of E-Bay, especially for something so big and heavy, but not sure how to get the word out to antique collectors. Any ideas? Are there any antique for-sale type sites out there?

I'm not selling it here, just looking for ideas on where to advertise it.

Andrew

Also look at

www.smokstak.com

Antique engine forums related to collecting, restoring and showing hit and miss engines, vintage Diesel, steam engines, antique tractors, old generators, pumps, industrial antiques and collectibles. There are thousands of old engine photos and hundreds of discussions about all types of engines and old iron topics. This is a world wide community with members of all ages from Australia, Europe, North America and other points across the globe.

>>> engineads.com

I believe these 2 sites are interelated. Thm:

Mike

Another one.

This UK mag has contributors from all over the world so it might be considered.

I think there is a pump group. Not subscribed for a year or so, maybe I'm wrong.

http://www.stationary-engine-magazine.co.uk/

Edit. Just looked at Dec. 2008 Iss..... Free Private ads. (< 40 words. 1 Pic.)
There are sections in ads. Pumps for sale/wanted. Curiously popular .. ???

Check! may have changed.

Dave BC

Latest posts

Back