Where Does This Go

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra428

Reaction score
Hi All,
I had this machine for 3 years now.

IMG_0606.jpg

HF Machine I bought it when it first came out $79 well worth the hack sawing

I still can't figure out where this part goes. Looks like a cutoff catcher or chip catcher or both. In the instructions....they say nothing. Does anybody know? ???

IMG_0607.jpg

Thanks in Advance

Tony

My bet it is supposed to be a blade/finger guard and should get (yeah right) bolted across the open span of the exposed blade.

BC1
Jim

On mine, it has a red sticker that says "This is not part of the machine. For shipping only." When I unpacked the machine, it was some kind of shipping restraint, but I don't remember where it was in the box.

I saved it in my scrap box.

BC1 and Sleazey,
I know what you are saying but it's kill me that there is one hole in it upper right corner??? And yeah that's where it's been under the machine. I just figured I'd ask. I was cleaning up and said maybe one of the guys would know. Thanks

Tony

Tony

this is a picture from the manual of my saw (VALEX TN100).

Purpose? Catch little bit of metal after cut? I don't know.

I never used it, it's still in the box.

Cheers

Roberto

valex.jpg

Thanks Roberto,
I leave my on the shelf under the machine. Every year I look at it and scratch.gif :shrug:

Tony

I got one with my HF bandsaw. It was in the corner of the box...not part of the bandsaw. I believe it's there to provide support against crushing the box.

I suspect the hole is just there as a way to hang or position the part during manufacturing.

prof65,
That is a nice idea. So many times I could have used that.

Zee
Your probably right. I saved it thinking one day I'll find out where it goes. I did think of putting it 90deg to the blade and underneat to make a chip chute. This way the chips won't fill up the shelf. :idea:

Tony

Latest posts

Back