• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Used Turbo Charger Impeller Wanted

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gruby

Reaction score
As some of you are following I am building a 1/6 scale P&W R1830. I need a used Garrett TO43/23 or 409179/23,24, or 25 Impeller. This if for the engines Supercharger. I am having no luck finding one in my area other than new ($250+) ouch. I will go this route if I have to as I am too far into the built to stop. Any help locating one will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You --- "Billy G"

Hi Billy,

I have an IHI RHF3 compressor from a turbocharger. Its one of the smallest ones made. I have torn my home shop apart trying to find it and will look in my hanger tomorrow. It looks just like an internal compressor in the radial engines. I don't know how it compairs in size with the Garrett but here is the spec for it.

http://www.ihi-turbo.com/turbo_RHE-RHF.htm

Kenny

I can't give you a specific vendor, but someone in the model jet turbine area might have something that would help. I THINK some of them use turbo parts for the hot end of the engine. Hope you find something less than $250.

Kenny, OD needs to be 70 mm, length 32 mm.

Thanks for the ebay tip, I never thought of that. LOL

"Billy G"

Thanx everyone. I scored one New in the Box on ebay for $37. BIN On with the project.

"Billy G"

Latest posts

Back