Two IC newbies Build Websters

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engine frame and flywheel assembly looks great.:D

OK, well I guess bill is long lost and im wanting to start another project but I cant bring myself to do that until I finish this one up. So tomorrow Im going to try to find the top of the work bench, get my butt back in gear, finish up a couple straggleing jobs and get this puppy running.
Cheepo45, ill never pick on you for how long it takes you to build an engine again! LOL

I did make an attempt at the con rod a couple days ago on the cnc mill. Still need to tram it in better, but for goofing off things arent too bad.

I'm sure a lot of us have other interests and responsibilities that take precedence over our model building activities. I do tend to jump from interest to interest a lot (ocd?). Seeing my latest creation start and run was pretty cool. The cold winter helped a lot, too.
Keep building!
cheepo45

Hi there.

Making very good progress and soon we can see the engines running. Meanwhile I am taking my sweet time building the Howell V-2.

Websters, Websters, everywhere! Looks like there are at least three active threads on Websters right now.

Just spent some time catching up on this thread - some very nice work going on. Always nice to see how others tackle a job. I had my Webster on the back burner for a while, but got back into it a couple of weeks ago and so far, so good.

Looking forward to see more in this thread.

Hi fellas,
When I built my Webster, I didn't (couldn't bring myself) to cut the big notch from the base. I'm glad I didn't. I always had a question in the back of my mind where was I going to mount a gas tank. I'm glad I didn't cut the notch because that is where I ended up mounting it. See attachment

PC260014.jpg

Reactions: gus
Yea, Im kind wishin I hadnt cut the notch out :( oh well too late now....
Did some playing with the cnc mill and worked on finishing off the valve chest thingie, just a couple more holes to drill. Still learning how to use the cam software but having more computer time than shop time it works out well for me. I was pretty impressed with the press fit of the guides into the valve chest since they were sprial cut with a end mill and not drilled and reamed, although I need to buy a chamfer mill to break the edge where the flanged part of the seat sits as i didnt get a perfectly square corner on the guide when I turned it in the lathe.

Latest posts

Back