twin horizontal identification required.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a bundle of unknown steam engine parts which turns out to be most (if not all) of a fairly large model twin cylinder horizontal engine mounted on a cast iron? base containing a boiler (see my first pic attached). There appear to be two sets of brass cylinders( one block containing both cylinders and valve chambers, and two separate brass cylinders), but only one set of pistons (see my second pic). I wonder if anyone can help me to identify the maker and model - it would be good to get some drawings, if possible, although it does seem that all the necessary machining has been done and I have a box of assorted small parts, which could be complete. The only clues are a pressure gauge (about 3/4 inch diameter) marked STUART. There is also a pair of new sight glasses in STUART packaging, however I have scoured pictures on the internet and can't find anything similar. The only other clue is that included in the box of bits is a small marine propeller mounted on a shaft, although it does seem rather small to relate to a vessel big enough to support the weight of this engine. The overall measurements of the cast block are 16 inches long and 4 inches wide.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Peter

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1076.jpg

Back