Turkey trot

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Look who I had on my deck when I got up this morning. I think they wanted to come in and share breakfast. I wanted to lassoo one and tie it up until Christmas. They are our local wild turkeys. Darn, they are big birds!!!
TURKEYSONSTEP-DEC-2012001_zps9eeb83fe.jpg

TURKEYSONSTEP-DEC-2012002_zps290fe1ee.jpg

TURKEYSONSTEP-DEC-2012005_zps1946d4e1.jpg

TURKEYSONSTEP-DEC-2012006_zpse3923135.jpg

Nice little flock of Jakes...save them for next year when they are adults...keep one for a pet until then...Rof}

These guys must’ve been fed handouts and lost their fear of humans. I live right across the street from a 92 acre fenced in conservation park named- appropriately enough- “Turkey Creek”. Occasionally I’ll hear them but they are extremely shy and stay under cover. Peacocks on the other hand strut up and down my subdivision streets all day long and barely move for cars, but they are amusing when courting, showing their tail displays and shaking them like a cheap burlesque act.

Around here the turkeys are hard to find. I guess the smart ones figured out its best to avoid contact with hunters. Nice pictures

Latest posts

Back