Tube bender

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolo

Reaction score
While I was waiting for the new soldering torch I done my tube bender using the project of George Britnell...I really don't remember where I found it..anyway I had to do a drawing by AutoCAD in millimeters and that is the results:
DSC02057.jpg

another view
DSC02056.jpg

Hi Paolo,

Nice work.
Any chance of getting a copy of you metric drawings? Auto-cad format is fine.
I'm going through a bit of a tool building phase at the moment.

Cheers
Phil

Very slick tool you have made there.

Nice job!

Hi kustomkb Thanks for your appreciation, yes Phil if you like I'll send you an AutoCAD copy giving you some comments. Please let me know.
Cheers Paolo

Hi BMeyers, I can send you the original AutoCad file if you like, just tell me where to send it. Paolo, it looks like it came out great. Did you have any problems making it from the drawings? If so, let me know and I'll make the necessary changes to them.
Thanks
gbritnell

Hi gbritnell, Any chance I could get the drawings too. If so I'll send a PM.

Ron

Hello gbritnell
My compliments the tube bender is very well arranged and really useful as you can see on my post. If you like to send the original copy of the AutoCAD drawings it will be much easier to convert in whatever unit the members like to work with.

Paolo

For anyone interested please just send a note to: [email protected]
and I will send out the AutoCad file. Tell me what format you would like Ver.2004-2005
Ver. 2001 or .dxf
gbritnell

Well done gbritnell !!! Please check your e-mail box... :big:
Best regards
Paolo

gb,

Thanks, now I just have to figure out how to open it in my e-mail. Cant seem to get file association to work right. :-\ :-\

Ron

For everyone who asked for cad drawings for the tubing bender here are some pictures to clarify the parts and assembly.
gbritnell
tubingbender1.jpg

tubingbender2.jpg

tubingbender3.jpg

tubingbender4.jpg

tubingbender5.jpg

thats a nice looking bender. i have plans somewhere for one . i have more things to make than i have time for.
but one day ill get to them . thanks for showing the pics

Hi,

Nice work...

Any chance of getting a set of plans for this bender? And what are the tubing sizes that can be bent??

Thanks,

George

I have it designed for a maximum of .312 tubing. Just send me your email address and what type of format you would like it sent in.
gbritnell

This tube bender fit my requirements. Simple to build, only requiring a few evenings to construct. And all of the materials were on hand.

I was working on project requiring a bend in 1/8" diameter brass tubing. My cheapo bender kinked the tube on the first try. After annealing the tube, the second try produced an acceptable bend. But at this point I knew it was time for another tool.

The plans were complete. I didn't change a thing. Thank you George.
tubebend.jpg

Back