transposed numbers

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonesie

Reaction score
well i am new to ic engine building but not new to machining i transposed some number in my head and so here is the question. building jerry howells power house and my cylinder should be 3.275 long oal and it it now 2.675 after cleaning up end.can i shorten the piston by .251 it should finish at 1.375 so now it would end up 1.124.turned this out of a nice piece of sq. cast iron and would like to use it .i know it is not scrap just not sure about making adjustments for the short length.got the bore done and i mounted it on a mandreal to cut fins. back side is not all done so i can cut less fins. any advice would be appreciated. thanks jonesie

can i just scale down my cylinder parts by 18% and still get it to work. jonesie

talked to friend who is big into hit and miss and he said just to shorten the stroke to try it if it did not work i could just make a new cylinder to print and a new crankdisk print, then i could make the rest to print. think that is the way i am going to go. jonesie

jonesie, please keep us posted on the progress.

Rick

Latest posts

Back