• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Totally Unrelated Item For Sale

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rake60

Reaction score
Anyone in the market for a 34 year old, tube, guitar amplifier?

I'm selling mine.

BlueLP.jpg

I was on eBay last night looking for tools and happened to type Fender Deluxe Reverb
into a search. When I saw they are going for up to $1000 these days, I decided it was
time to dust mine off and put it up for auction.
After all, ((Les Paul + Fender Deluxe Reverb) - Hair).... It's just not the same! :big:

LISTING HERE
In less than 24 hours it has 128 views, 20 watchers and I've received 2 emails asking questions about it.
One of those emails asked if I'd post a Buy It Now price.

I still don't care if I sell it or not, but I could buy a lot of tools with $700. scratch.gif

Rick

If I had an extra 7 bills, I'd a bought it by now!

Early 70's SG with stock bigsby tremlo humbuckers and coffin case.....it's sweeeeet on a tube amp

Dave

Smoke On the Water?
Never heard of it..... :big:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmgfOtAxx2w&feature=youtu.be

Dave, if you prefer a classical guitar, I have a beautiful Greg Bennett Samick.

GregBennettSamick.jpg

Oversize body, metal flake pearl paint, rosewood fretboard.
AND, a wife yelling, "You are NOT selling THAT guitar!"
She bought that one for me.
:hDe:

I'm still thinking of what tools I want most if the amp sells.

Rick

;D

P1120059.jpg

My Old friend of 35 years

P1120064.jpg

Brazilian Rosewood all over and beaten and abused to the point that it sounds wonderful

Dave

NICE!

A few years ago the wife and I were at the Guitar Center Store in Monroeville near Pittsburgh.
I was looking at electric/acoustic guitars in my price range.

The young salesman comes into the sound room where I was sampling different models and hands
me another guitar to try out.

It almost played it's self!
It was a $3000 Gibson Songwriter Deluxe.
WAY above my budget!

My wife was laughing as we walked out.
The salesman had slipped her his business card with the guitars stock number and price on it.
He must have thought she would pay that if I wouldn't
Rof}

Rick

Thanks for that Rick....just didn't want to step on your thread is all.

My new "go to" guitar was a result of a search to "replace" my old friend who's probably 80 years old now and getting kinda old....life wasn't kind to him before I got him.

I happened to work with an EE that built guitars as a hobby, so for the price of materials, he built me one with the nice "dripping" base and volume that I was looking for....I played some VERY expensive guitars that didn't sound half as nice as my old friend...This guitar had it, and the odd thing is the sound hole isn't in the center, so it looks a bit wierd, but sounds fabulous.......

Haven't played my SG in a long time though....had it since the late 70's ...so she's real clean and well taken care off.
Dave

Step on my thread?
This isn't a serious thread.

It took some digging to find this.

Picture 1977 - cheap Les Paul copy bought from JC Pennys and a used Marlboro amp bought
at the local music store.

Now, can you picture ME at the age of 17 with hair?

RickBa2.jpg

It was all pretty low budget stuff, but I loved it at the time!

Dave, I have nothing near the quaility of guitars you are looking for, but I do have something
related.

Fiddle.jpg

That looks like a violin.
It isn't.
It's a 3/4 fiddle.

Being from the northeast, you'd be the talk of the town standing on a hickory stump sawing
out The Devil Went Down To Georgia, or better yet, The South's Gonna Do It Again. LOL

Rick

Are you kidding me! with the size of my hands I couldn't cut anything with that other than firewood! :big:

My "Old Friend" was had for $10 when I was 12......yes you can do the math ::)

It was restringed at the time with steel strings, was missing two frets and the peg winders were shot!

I cleaned it up and repaired the issues and put proper nylon strings on him....and he just came alive....The man who sold it to me.....My guitar teacher, Johnny Moore of the song "Gramps" fame listened to it and offered $20 to get it back! I said nothing doin! :big: I miss him, he was a great guitarist!

My Gibson was bought 31 years ago for $400 hard earned dollars from pumping gas all summer......it was a good investment. ::)

My first electric was probably hanging on the wall right next to your Les Paul copy.....it was an SG copy I think the peg head said "Marshall" or some such JC Penny thing....with similar amp......same hair too! :big:

Dave

Here's a couple of shots.....you said it was ok.....

2012-05-17_21-30-26_222.jpg

2012-05-17_21-31-59_1.jpg

No they're not for sale..... ;D

Dave

Now THAT is an SG! Thm:

I love the body style of the SG's.
They don't scream, and they're quick.

I like the Les Paul's rigidity.
You can strike a sting on a Les Paul, go make coffee, take the dogs out, and browse the morning
news paper. When you get back to it the Les Paul will still be ringing.

Bidding on my amp has started already with 6 days to go.
It's up to $710 so far.

If I get enough out of the amp, maybe I'll buy a screaming Fender Stratocastor, OR
maybe a new lawn tractor that will actually be used more than once every 5 years.
scratch.gif

I WON'T be buying a twangy Fender Telecaster.

The tractor would be much better than that.

Rick

Latest posts

Back