Tormach cnc mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only $7000. Man, I wish that was in my car's room right now. <(Garage)

If I was willing to wait 5 years to get a mill, then, YES, that is what I would be getting. However, I've been waiting for what seems like forever already ( 4 months) and the savings account for my mill only has $350 in it.

Maybe another unknown Great Uncle will die and leave me $10,000.00 in his will. Or not. ;D

A boy can dream can't he?
Kermit

Kermit said:
It's only $7000. Man, I wish that was in my car's room right now. <(Garage)

If I was willing to wait 5 years to get a mill, then, YES, that is what I would be getting. However, I've been waiting for what seems like forever already ( 4 months) and the savings account for my mill only has $350 in it.

Maybe another unknown Great Uncle will die and leave me $10,000.00 in his will. Or not. ;D

A boy can dream can't he?
Kermit

Its only $7.5k if you buy the machine by itself. But once you add the options like a stand you are well into the 10k to 14k range.

I have been to a couple auctions recently and you could pick up a Robomill that would take up the same space for about the same price as one of the Tormachs. Heck, Haas VF-3's were going for $6k. A Real nice 50 taper Hitachi with pallet changer went for $15k. (Good luck getting that in my garage!)

-Jerry

Yeah, you can get some good deals on used industrial stuff right now. Of course I just saw a used $15K+ Tormach setup with tooling and everything go for <$8K locally, so it all depends. Too bad a Minimill won't fit in my shop :(

Back