Three little pigs

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bogstandard

I bought these little hoggers a few years ago, and while using them this morning, thought I would bring them to your attention.

hoggers.jpg

If you have a smallish mill and your collets can take 3/4" shanks, plus if your finances are a bit pushed, these just might be what you need.

They are 1" diameter heads (so no massive strain on a smallish spindle), with interchangeable tips. One is just a straight face cutter, the second is a 45 deg angle cutter and the third is a round nose cutter (either use for profiling or great for face work as the finish comes up like a mirror).
The tips are very cheap, but because they are totally flat faced, with no reliefs on them at all, when they go dull, they can easily be sharpened up again, by rubbing the faces on a diamond lap.

And how much does all this fantastic package cost, complete with a fitted box and custom tightening key? About 25 quid ($50) postage included.

Chronos sell them, just do a search on their site for 'Little Hogger'.

I don't know if they do them in other countries, but if they do, I have found them a very sound investment for such a small cost.

John

Ta! ;D Seems a bargain, just need to convince (fool) the wife.........................

Shars sells them for those on USA side of the pond.

I just got the round insert model by itself for $20. Haven't tried it yet, but had good luck with Bog's round insert lathe tooling and had to get one when I saw it.

Cheers,

BW

Thanks for sharing that John. I'll look into them.

Dave

Just under $70 Aus including freight
Looks good to me
BR

Latest posts

Back