The Project Log Forum - Read before posting

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelton

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Project Log Forum

What is the Project Log Forum?

The project log forum is a no-frills no-gimmicks place for you to log progress as you build or restore your small engine.

Why should I use the Project Log Forum instead of an off-site blog or creating my own website?
Well, this is going to depend on what your goal is. If you just want a dirt-simple place to post a chronological log of your project, it might work pretty well for you. If you are a regular user here at HMEM, logging your progress won't take any special effort. Another advantage is that each post you make to your log will be exposed to a wide variety of like-minded individuals each day.

Can I customize my thread with fancy colors and backgrounds?
Not really. Just like any other post on HMEM you can use the built-in formatting tools to change font style, color, size, alignment, and indention. You can also create bulleted and numbered lists. Attaching or embedding photos or adding linked text is also fairly easy. If you want something really flashy though, you might be better off creating your own website.

Why can't people post in my log?
Lets face it, threads here on HMEM can get off into the weeds sometimes. Preventing others from posting in your thread will keep the discussion on topic. If someone has a question about something you are doing, they can create another thread, send you an email, or send you a private message.. If you want folks to be able to post in your project log, you can create a thread in a different forum here on HMEM.
(I recommend Work in Progress forum.)

What info should I put in the title of my log?
Engine type – Real name or user name – Location (optional)
Example: Sparta Engine – Sam Jones – Savannah, GA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back