The Geneva .... My first Hit and Miss Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearcar1

Reaction score
Anyone care to venture a guess?

normal_3.JPG

BC1
Jim

Looks like two short pine boards. Notty one on the right.

Your gonna make a foot stool/ step for the shop?

-MB

MB, I'll probably wish that I was making a foot stool after this is all over with. But no, you have guessed wrong ;D Anyone else have any thoughts ???

BC1
Jim

I just took a second look using "Honey's" computer.

The pictiure looked like blury wood using my old 'clunker'.

That means I get another guess!

Here it goes...

The first step in making two cylinders! Right?

-MB

Well,after a lot of thought(10 seconds) Irecon it's the start of a new project.
Arn't us old Aussies Smart.lol scratch.gif :noidea: :redface2: *club*

Ian (seagar).
Coffs Narbour,
Australia.

Jim
As far as I can see, it's two lumps Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof}
:big: :big:
Crankshafter

Looking forward to following along with your build!

Rudy

seagar said:
Well,after a lot of thought(10 seconds) Irecon it's the start of a new project.
Arn't us old Aussies Smart.lol scratch.gif :noidea: :redface2: *club*

Ian (seagar).
Coffs Narbour,
Australia.

Man, you guys in the land of OZ are all such fartsmart smellersfellers Rof} Rof}

crankshafter said:
Jim
As far as I can see, it's two lumps Rof} Rof} Rof} Rof}
:big: :big:
Crankshafter

Why yes, there ARE two lumps. ::) ::) ;D

Metal Butcher said:
I just took a second look using "Honey's" computer.

The pictiure looked like blury wood using my old 'clunker'.

That means I get another guess!

Here it goes...

The first step in making two cylinders! Right?

-MB

MB, yes, now that you have donned your spectacles, you are getting warm

How about now? Can you see it?

normal_3a%20see%20it.JPG

Tel and Zeep, I did not intentionally leave you guys out, I am sorry. That first photo does not have any depth of field to it and the lumps do look flat so that was a good guess. Twins? really Z', you could have ventured a better guess than that. Rudy, I thank you and am gald to have you along for the ride, it should prove to be an interesting one for certain as I am headed towards new territories of machine work, that is, setups and procedures that I have never performed anywhere other than in my mind so we all may be in for a wild ride :fan: YUM!

Well as the cat has now been let out of the bag and the shroud of mystery been lifted, it is now known what is in store. This will be a record of my attempt at putting together a smallish hit and miss engine that I 'think' (do I ???) has been used as a team build here once upon a time. It is a design by David Kerzel and I find it to be very appealing in its lines as well as its size, we shall see. The photos show two lumps, I figured that as long as I was going to all of the trouble of machining one, with the distinct possibility of screwing up I would cut out two sets of everything for the big chunks as a back-up, hence the "one lump or two?" The game is afoot, release the hounds!!! TALLYHO!!!

BC1
Jim

Okay! Uncle, uncle, I give up!

Give it up man! The suspense is killin me!

-Mb

"The game is afoot" ;) - Now bring it on Mr Holmes

I'm looking forward to the mystery solved!

Kind regards, Arnold

Jim-
Amazing what can hide inside two lumps of alu. Waiting to see you start carving.
Hit'n miss? Air/ IC ?
CS

arnoldb said:
"The game is afoot" ;) - Now bring it on Mr Holmes

I'm looking forward to the mystery solved!

Kind regards, Arnold

Ah yes, I give a special thanks to Arnold for his unselfish support in this project :bow:

MB, as the late Mr. Paul Harvey used to say "...and now you know the rest of the story"

well almost, still a LOT of story as yet to tell.

BC1
Jim

Okay, now that I was mentally tormented, sent on a wild goose chase riffling through all of Elmer's plans, and nearly missed my bathroom break! (real close call!) :-[

Where can I see the plans?

-MB

I'll only tell you after you have cleaned up the mess that you made on the way to the Dunny. ;D

BC1
Jim

bearcar1 said:
I'll only tell you after you have cleaned up the mess yo made on the way to the Dunny. ;D

BC1
Jim

Close call, but no mess up! This is the problem with old age, and why they sell lots of 'Depends'. 8)

If this silly post won't get me the plans, nothing will! ;D

-MB

Latest posts

Back